Food for thought (forgive the pun!)

  • Adam Clark
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2011
      Just to follow up my last post. To those who are interested in finding out more about veganism, Michael Klaper is not the only doctor out there advocating a plant-based diet for optimum health.

      There is currently a wave of doctors/professors (mostly from North America) who have conducted much research into this area over the last 10/20 years. These include John A. McDougall, Caldwell Esselstyn, Dean Ornish, Neal D. Barnard, Michael Greger and T. Colin Campbell. Campbell produced the China-Oxford-Cornell Study on Dietary, Lifestyle and Disease Mortality Characteristics, which examined Chinese diets over a twenty year period and linked increased levels of disease to Westernization and increased consumption of animal products.

      All the above have their own personal websites and can be found via a simple internet search. As an example here is Caldwell Esselstyn's with a couple of videos of Bill Clinton promoting veganism:

      http://www.heartattackproof.com/

      God bless,

      Adam