Re: I'm a new member of this group

  • simple_seeker_of_truth
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2010
      Welcome Niels. Glad you could join us. Its great to have an experienced Christian anarchist in the group. I am fairly new to CA, in fact Christianity altogether. Back in 2003, at the age of 33, I received a spiritual experience which changed my life and led me to CA. Prior to this I was an atheist!

      I am sure you are familiar with most of the websites, but feel free to check out the "Links" on the left.

      God bless,

      Adam

      P.S. Alexandre Christoyannopoulos is also a member of this group. See his posts on the "Home" page.

      --- In Lost_Religion_of_Jesus@yahoogroups.com, Niels Kjaer <nk2704@...> wrote:

      > Dear friends,
      >
      > I'm not quite sure who you are in this group, but let me introduce myself.
      >
      > My name is Niels Kjaer. I'm born in 1949 in Denmark, where I've lived all my life. Since my mother is from the U.S.A., I've also visited over there many times.
      >
      > Education: I have a Master of Theology from The University of Aarhus (1975).
      >
      > Work: I'm a published poet and a translator of poetry. Right now I'm working on a Danish translation of Basho, the famous Japanese haiku poet. I'm also an independent Soren Kierkegaard scholar. See the attached file, if you're interested in haiku, Zen, Soren Kierkegaard or Emily Dickinson.
      >
      > In 1972 I published a booklet with the Danish tittle "Kristendom og Anarkisme" (that is "Christianity and Anarchism") (Aarhus 1972, 44 pages). I've always been a Christian non-violent Anarchist, but I've only once or twice met someone with a similar faith. Therefore I'm happy to learn that there are other Religious and Christian Anarchists out there. I've read some of J. Ellul's books - and also Alexander Christoyannopoulos's two recently published works (very good!!).
      >
      > I doubt that the state will ever disappear, but I find that Anarchism (and especially Christian Anarchism) gives you a good platform from which to critizise the state. And I think that it is possible also today to choose to live an alternative independent life. Anarchist networks and groups can help us to work together inspiring each other.
      >
      > I've also joined ASIRA's mailing list. Do anyone of you know if it is possible to become a member of ASIRA or ASN?
      >
      > Best wishes, Niels Kjaer

      > Bruger du Yahoo!?
      > Er du træt af spam? Yahoo!Mail har den bedste spambeskyttelse, der findes
      > http://dk.mail.yahoo.com

    • Adam Clark
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
        For those interested Niels' book is available here:

        http://archive.org/details/KristendomOgAnarkisme