The Problem With Churches

  • booyeah65
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
      I was Catholic till I was about 20 but I wasn't much of a Catholic I
      never went to church,never read the bible and knew very little about
      my own church which is near enough the norm.Witch is near enough the
      norm with young Catholics anyways.However my sister starts listening
      allot to my grandmother about the importance of going to church.The
      leading Sunday I get sent to church with my sister which was not a big
      issue for me at the time because I had faith.I'm just a lazy so I turn
      up and I start to realize why I don't go to church.The sheer
      boringness of these mediocre priest who need to wake up while there
      doing mass.This is the bible for gods sake there are hundreds of good
      stories in there and the priest is bored is this a joke?

      My other problem with the Catholic Church in general is pointing out
      the obvious the abuse allegations.I an fully aware of the fact that
      only 1 percent of priest were taking part in these abuse cases but
      that's all it takes really.One bad apple can spoil the bunch and
      everyone starts ignoring the good the Catholic Church like the
      Catholic Charities etc...

      God knows why but I got curios about other churches and managed to get
      a hold of the book of Mormon.Which before I heard of the church,I
      didn't know that much about to be honest.Anyways I don't know what
      people mean by I studied the bible,I have read the bible in parts
      never studied it.But when it came to the Book Of Mormon I knew exactly
      who Joseph Smith was,the back round of all the founding fathers.I Knew
      all there was to know about it.I was enlightened by the hole thing.

      A few months before the going back to Catholic Church experience I was
      reading allot of science books and I just couldn't make sense of where
      was god when the big bang was happening and where is god in these
      atoms all around us?? which leaves you confused cause you just can't
      find the answer but with Moroni god just made sense.

      A funny thing happened doe while enlightened I found myself at allot
      of ridicule from the so called real christians.I was advised to keep
      away from Mormons there only after money blah blah the usual crap
      about a religon of people who don't know it and when I watched some
      videos on you tube.There was an entire army of so called ''real
      christians'' telling others how Mormons is wrong and basically just
      judging other.which was confusing cause I thought only god can judge
      and the so called ''real christians'' felt the need to judge churches
      because there beliefs are different from theres.Whatever happened to
      only god judge???are we forgetting this?? are you still wondering why
      atheism is on the rise??

      according to this study non christians feel isolated from them and
      it's from this over over need to condemn everyone that don't believe
      what you believe.Love thy neighbor.James 2:12-13 NIV says: Speak and
      act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom,
      because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not
      been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

      Seriously what gives them the right to judge anyone they could be just
      as wrong as everyone else.What ever happened to respecting other
      peoples beliefs or at least knowing what your criticizing?

      Anyone who accepts Christ is a Christian so stop with the bullshit
      Mormons,Catholics and Jehovah Witnesses aren't Christian.All it's
      doing is putting people of there churches and causing divides within
      churches and causes unnecessary problems between one religious group
      and the other.What really gets to me is there are Baptist ministers
      ahead of there church encourage myths about other churches.Fuck
      organized religon worship god by respecting your fellow man.
    • Adam Clark
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
        Welcome to the community booyeah65, and thank you for your post. I
        think most of us here have a problem with organized religion. It has
        lost its way somewhat over the millennia, if it ever was the way...

        Love and peace,

        Adam
      • Jennifer Lipka
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
          I agree with your last statement--it is true (in my opinion and belief system) that the best way to love Christ is love your neighbor as yourself. And you are right--that does mean not judging others and claiming one is right while others are wrong.

          I am also really interested in God and science; this is a link to a good Canadian radio series called "How to think about science" that addresses a lot of good issues:

          http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/features/science/index.html

          Peace and Love!
          Jennifer

> [...]
          >
          > Seriously what gives them the right to judge anyone they
          > could be just
          > as wrong as everyone else.What ever happened to respecting
          > other
          > peoples beliefs or at least knowing what your criticizing?
          >
          > Anyone who accepts Christ is a Christian so stop with the
          > bullshit
          > Mormons,Catholics and Jehovah Witnesses aren't
          > Christian.All it's
          > doing is putting people of there churches and causing
          > divides within
          > churches and causes unnecessary problems between one
          > religious group
          > and the other.What really gets to me is there are Baptist
          > ministers
          > ahead of there church encourage myths about other
          > churches.Fuck
          > organized religon worship god by respecting your fellow
        • Pete Z
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
            i agree that mormons and jehovah's witnesses are
            christians. however, they are not in the mainstream
            of modern christianity.

            of course, neither am I, being an advocate of
            nonviolence.

            and the mormon doctrine that God has a body is totally
            novel. no jew or christian for thousands of years
            posited that possiblity.]

            --- booyeah65 <booyeah65@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
            >
            > Seriously what gives them the right to judge anyone
            > they could be just
            > as wrong as everyone else.What ever happened to
            > respecting other
            > peoples beliefs or at least knowing what your
            > criticizing?
            >
            > Anyone who accepts Christ is a Christian so stop
            > with the bullshit
            > Mormons,Catholics and Jehovah Witnesses aren't
            > Christian.All it's
            > doing is putting people of there churches and
            > causing divides within
            > churches and causes unnecessary problems between one
            > religious group
            > and the other.What really gets to me is there are
            > Baptist ministers
            > ahead of there church encourage myths about other
            > churches.Fuck
            > organized religon worship god by respecting your

            sincerely,

            Pete

            "Speak out for those who cannot speak, for the rights of all the destitute. Speak out, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy."