Great Point

  • Christopher
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Someone commented on a blog of mine on a post regarding pacifism. He
      said that, yes, Christ didn't tell the soldiers to cease their
      warring, but he also didn't free slaves. Indeed, St. Paul sent a
      slave back to his master. But just because Christ didn't end it
      doesn't mean He didn't want it ended. Same with war and violence.

      Why didn't I think of that?
    • David Leon
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        Christopher,

        I dont know, by that is also the same line of thought you would use in
        defending against people who say that the christian Jesus had the
        power to "stop evil" in the world, but did not do so. No matter what
        your view on his divinity, actually he did NOT have the power to "stop
        evil" as he was human. Some people misunderstand that point about
        christian views on Incarnation. ..That is, it wouldn't
        be "incarnation" if there were not "carnation" for him to have
        been "in".

        I myself am open to questioning the deity of Jesus ANYway. But I bring
        up that point to clarify that your thought relates to more "christian"
        matters than just violence itself. It regards a sort of relationship
        between the debate/exploration on Jesus' nature and the
        debate/exploration on Jesus' teachings.

        cheers!
        blessings,
        Dave