Re: Film & Literature

  • Zack
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2003
      The Godfather, Trainspotting and Fight club are, in my opinion,
      better than the books. Fear and Loathing is almost as good as the
      book, it just harder to pay attention to what is actually happening
      in the film, but I tend to love all Terry Gilliam films. Thats my 2
      cents. -Zodas the Great

      > Not to get into semantics (as I go into semantics), but film and
      > literature are different art forms, so "good" is going to mean
      > different things for each.
      >
      > However, I thought that the 1939 movie of Wizard of Oz was much
      > better than the book. And, I thought that Gone With The Wind (also
      > 1939) was just as good as the book, while leaving out stuff that
      just
      > wasn't necesary.
      >
      > Strider
    • Alysia H.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2003
        The movies I've got high hopes for is the upcoming
        "Master and Commander: Farside of the World". I've
        recently developed an intense facination with tall
        ships, sailing, and the like so this I'm waiting for
        this movie with anticipation. I'm going to be
        starting the books soon and hopefully I'll have one
        done by the time the movie comes out. Otherwise I'll
        feel rather hypocritical....

        -Alysia

        http://shopping.yahoo.com