Re: [Lord-of-the-Rings-Group-Discussion] Re: The new one

  • Nessa Telemmaite
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2003

      Hmmm.... I wonder if that's the same medley my band director tried to order last year. It didn't come in, just our luck (or lack of it). I really wanted to play it, since it was my last year in high school. I wonder who has better parts in that medley... drums or bass clarinet? I play the latter.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Alysia
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2003
        --- In Lord-of-the-Rings-Group-Discussion@yahoogroups.com, Nessa
        Telemmaite <nessatelemmaite@y...> wrote:

        > Hmmm.... I wonder if that's the same medley my band director tried to order
        last year. It didn't come in, just our luck (or lack of it). I really wanted to play it,
        since it was my last year in high school. I wonder who has better parts in that
        medley... drums or bass clarinet? I play the latter.

        I'd expect it was the same score...I doubt there are that many. Both drums
        and bass clarinet, actually, have fairly big parts....Bass clarinet shares a solo
        with the french horn during 'Concerning Hobbits.' It's one of my favorite parts.
        Drums have a big part during the song they play when the orcs are
        attacking....I don't remember the name at the moment. That part is in 5/4 and
        really fun to play. Drums sound kinda out of place during the rest of it.
        Sad that you guys didn't get the score. It was really fun. We played it at
        Mass Band. That's where a bunch of schools get together and play 3 or 4
        songs. It sounded really awesome with 300-some-odd students.

        -Alysia