Re: [Lord-of-the-Rings-Group-Discussion] OT: Eragon

  • Estelnalissi
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2005
      Dear Donna,

      Can you give us a taste of what Aragon is about? I've seen it around but was annoyed that the author used a name so much like Aragorn's. It seemed unoriginal and a cheap way to grab attention as any LOTR fan would have to give it a second look.

      That's just my reaction to the title. That's why I'm asking. I don't want my prejudice to stop me from reading a potentially good book.

      Thanks,

      In Shirish Fellowship,

      Estelnalissi
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
        ha ha!!~ yeah, the title kinda made me do a double
        take too!!

        --- Estelnalissi <periannore@...> wrote:

        > Dear Donna,
        >
        > Can you give us a taste of what Aragon is about?
        > I've seen it around but was annoyed that the author
        > used a name so much like Aragorn's. It seemed
        > unoriginal and a cheap way to grab attention as any
        > LOTR fan would have to give it a second look.
        >
        > That's just my reaction to the title. That's why I'm
        > asking. I don't want my prejudice to stop me from
        > reading a potentially good book.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > In Shirish Fellowship,
        >
        > Estelnalissi

        __________________________________
        http://farechase.yahoo.com
      • Arwen Evenstar
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 23, 2005
          At first when I saw the title, I didn't want to read it because I
          thought it would be a lotr imitation. But then I read it, loved it,
          and have now finished the second in the series, Eldest!! It's very
          good... even though it's a kid's book. I really reccomend reading it!

          --- In Lord-of-the-Rings-Group-Discussion@yahoogroups.com, marshall
          <blingbeardthepirate@y...> wrote:

          > ha ha!!~ yeah, the title kinda made me do a double
          > take too!!
          >
          > --- Estelnalissi <periannore@e...> wrote:
          >
          > > Dear Donna,
          > >
          > > Can you give us a taste of what Aragon is about?
          > > I've seen it around but was annoyed that the author
          > > used a name so much like Aragorn's. It seemed
          > > unoriginal and a cheap way to grab attention as any
          > > LOTR fan would have to give it a second look.
          > >
          > > That's just my reaction to the title. That's why I'm
          > > asking. I don't want my prejudice to stop me from
          > > reading a potentially good book.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > In Shirish Fellowship,
          > >
          > > Estelnalissi

        • Auriel
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 24, 2005
            I know what you mean, but I read the first one and then waited for the second and now I
            have to wait for the third,

            But if you haven't read them yet my brother loved them and he doesn't like fantasy so that
            is saying a lot, oh and he's only 10. :-)

            FantasyTeen

            --- In Lord-of-the-Rings-Group-Discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Arwen Evenstar"