Re: New Artwork

  • Zack
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 1, 2005
      On my side of the country it will be nice for a day (making you think
      spring is on its way) and then it will transform into a snowy, rainy,
      windy, icy unholy mess! I hate winter and I have to say Im jealous.
      I mean arent you north of Ohio? Why is your weather so nice?!

      -Zodas the Great

      --- In Lord-of-the-Rings-Group-Discussion@yahoogroups.com, "Alysia H."

    • RSComics@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 1, 2005
        In a message dated 3/1/2005 4:00:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        zodas_the_great@... writes:

        On my side of the country it will be nice for a day (making you think
        spring is on its way) and then it will transform into a snowy, rainy,
        windy, icy unholy mess! I hate winter and I have to say Im jealous.
        I mean arent you north of Ohio? Why is your weather so nice?!

        -Zodas the Great

        The Pacific Northwest has seen hardly any Winter weather this year. Just
        look to the mountains, almost bone dry. Not good for spring run off and water
        needs. I love snow more than I can say, but I don't have it now or have to
        shovel or drive in it. Brigit

      • Estelnalissi
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 1, 2005
          8 inches of new snow and snowing now in Akron Ohio. I love winter, but besides, it's perfect Caradhras weather and Saruman is hurling the mountain's winter fury at the fellowship. It won't be long until Frodo becomes cold and miserable enough to choose going through the mines.

          That's what I do with the weather every day. Imagine events from LOTR which occurred in weather corresponding with whatever is outside. Weather is one thing we have in common with hobbits, orcs, elves and all.

          So tonight my back yard is Caradhras. And, if there was justice in the world, I could at least go out and pass out hot chocolate to fortify the fellowship while Frodo decides.
          zodas_the_great@... writes:

          On my side of the country it will be nice for a day (making you think
          spring is on its way) and then it will transform into a snowy, rainy,
          windy, icy unholy mess! I hate winter and I have to say Im jealous.
          I mean arent you north of Ohio? Why is your weather so nice?!

          -Zodas the Great

          The Pacific Northwest has seen hardly any Winter weather this year. Just
          look to the mountains, almost bone dry. Not good for spring run off and water
          needs. I love snow more than I can say, but I don't have it now or have to
          shovel or drive in it. Brigit

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Kathy Main
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 1, 2005
            Hey, good point! I think I am about the same distance north as Alysia, and we sure don't have 60! My husband had to blow out the driveway yesterday! Kathy

            <alyswimgirl24@y...> wrote:
            > Oh, but the weather over here is so nice! Warm and
            > sunny (warm meaning...about 60 degrees). Today it
            > rained quite a bit, but that's ok...We were in a
            > drought. The rain smelled lovely.
            >
            > -Alysia (tell me, what songs that might I know are
            > played on harmonica? I'm trying to learn how to
            > play..)
            >
            > --- Zack <zodas_the_great@y...> wrote:
            >

            > > OK, so I missed the month of February, so I got
            > > Marchs homepage done
            > > early! Yay me! Anyways its a painting of a Nazgul,
            > > I cant remember
            > > who its by, but its a cool one though. I thought
            > > the dreariness of
            > > the picture along with the dreary colors of the
            > > homepage mixed well
            > > with the recent crappy weather. Rain, snow, rain,
            > > snow....blah blah
            > > blah...will it just be Spring already! Anyway, I
            > > hope you enjoy it!
            > >

            > > -Zodas the Great

            > http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • isil_elensar
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 1, 2005
              We just got cold weather again, down here in TN. ugh! We had nice
              weather (50s-60s) for a while, then it rained, and we got snow
              yesterday. But it didn't stick. In fact, I don't think it even hit
              the ground. *sigh*

              Oh well... figure we'll either get hit with a blizzard this month,
              or we'll see an early spring. As usual...

              Isil
            • silverbrightshadow@juno.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 2, 2005
                It's been fairly cold in Texas; I don't remember snow but it's been
                raining on and off a lot lately.
                Sil�m� Celebrindal
                ~The dArk iS afRaid Of mE~

                Tenebris Affulget Spes; Repercuteo; Obscuro Effulget
                For thou wilt light my candle; the LORD my God will enlighten my
                darkness. Psalm 18:28
              • RSComics@aol.com

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 3, 2005
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 3, 2005
                      Something to do with that El Nino...I'm not going to
                      complain! Earlier this year it was doing the whole
                      warm/cold thing, but now...just warm. Hopefully it
                      will stay this way! I'm going up into the mountains
                      (Cascades!) next weekend...we'll see how the weather
                      is there. Maybe I'll actually be able to go skiing!

                      I hate winter too, so I'm happy. This weekend I'm
                      planning on going on a nice 5 mile hike somewhere.
                      Maybe even camp.

                      -Alysia (trying to play Tom Petty and Bob Dylan on
                      harmonica!)

                      --- Zack <zodas_the_great@...> wrote:

                      > On my side of the country it will be nice for a day
                      > (making you think
                      > spring is on its way) and then it will transform
                      > into a snowy, rainy,
                      > windy, icy unholy mess! I hate winter and I have to
                      > say Im jealous.
                      > I mean arent you north of Ohio? Why is your weather
                      > so nice?!
                      >

                      > -Zodas the Great
                      >

                      > --- In
                      > Lord-of-the-Rings-Group-Discussion@yahoogroups.com,
                      > "Alysia H."
                      > <alyswimgirl24@y...> wrote:
                      > > Oh, but the weather over here is so nice! Warm
                      > and
                      > > sunny (warm meaning...about 60 degrees). Today it
                      > > rained quite a bit, but that's ok...We were in a
                      > > drought. The rain smelled lovely.
                      > >
                      > > -Alysia (tell me, what songs that might I know are
                      > > played on harmonica? I'm trying to learn how to
                      > > play..)
                      > >
                      > > --- Zack <zodas_the_great@y...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > OK, so I missed the month of February, so I got
                      > > > Marchs homepage done
                      > > > early! Yay me! Anyways its a painting of a
                      > Nazgul,
                      > > > I cant remember
                      > > > who its by, but its a cool one though. I
                      > thought
                      > > > the dreariness of
                      > > > the picture along with the dreary colors of the
                      > > > homepage mixed well
                      > > > with the recent crappy weather. Rain, snow,
                      > rain,
                      > > > snow....blah blah
                      > > > blah...will it just be Spring already! Anyway,
                      > > > hope you enjoy it!
                      > > >

                      > > > -Zodas the Great

                      > > Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage
                      > less.
                      > > http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

                      __________________________________
                      Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
                    • Alysia H.
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 3, 2005
                        Oh, you're from the Pacific Northwest too? I'm in
                        Eastern Washington. The farmers here are extremely
                        worried with this drought we're having, but I care
                        not. The weather is lovely.

                        I am disappointed with the amount of snow in the
                        mountains, however. I'm a big skiier and I haven't
                        even gone this year because I don't want to tear up my
                        nice brand new (never been used!!!!) skis!

                        -Alysia

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • RSComics@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 3, 2005
                          In a message dated 3/3/2005 9:42:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                          alyswimgirl24@... writes:

                          Oh, you're from the Pacific Northwest too? I'm in
                          Eastern Washington. The farmers here are extremely
                          worried with this drought we're having, but I care
                          not. The weather is lovely.

                          I am disappointed with the amount of snow in the
                          mountains, however. I'm a big skiier and I haven't
                          even gone this year because I don't want to tear up my
                          nice brand new (never been used!!!!) skis!

                          -Alysia

                          Our son Adam and our daughter in law Rachel and their baby Lucy live in
                          Cashmere Wa. I miss them, don't get over much to see them. Best, Brigit

                        • Kathy Main

                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 4, 2005
                              In a message dated 3/4/2005 3:45:36 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                              arnor3@... writes:

                              Where do you live Brigit, if you don't mind me asking. If you don't want to
                              say, I won't be offended. Kathy

                              Hi Kathy,
                              I don't mind. I live in Bellingham, Wash. Its about 80 North of Seattle.
                              Where do you live? I have lived here for almost 30 years and in this state
                              almost my whole life. I would love to move to Eastern Wa. to be near my son and
                              his family, or to Flaggstaff Az. up in the mountains. Best, Brigit

                            • Kathy Main
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 5, 2005
                                We have plenty, you want me to send you some? I'm sure we could send a couple of semi loads! Kathy

                                "Alysia H." <alyswimgirl24@...> wrote:Oh, you're from the Pacific Northwest too? I'm in

                                http://mail.yahoo.com

                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 5, 2005
                                  Ah, I'll probably drive through Cashmere soon. Lovely
                                  place! I'm much farther east. About 1/2 hour from
                                  Idaho. Very few trees, lots of wheatfields.

                                  -Alysia

                                  > Our son Adam and our daughter in law Rachel and
                                  > their baby Lucy live in
                                  > Cashmere Wa. I miss them, don't get over much to see
                                  > them. Best, Brigit

                                  > removed]

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • Alysia H.
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 5, 2005
                                    Oh, I love Bellingham...A few of my friends are
                                    planning on going to college there (I'm probably going
                                    to Portland or Salem). Anywhere closer to the ocean
                                    would be good for me.

                                    -Alysia

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 5, 2005
                                      Dump them on the mountains (preferably Silver
                                      Mountain) and I'll be happy!

                                      -Alysia

                                      --- Kathy Main <arnor3@...> wrote:

                                      > We have plenty, you want me to send you some? I'm
                                      > sure we could send a couple of semi loads! Kathy
                                      >
                                      > "Alysia H." <alyswimgirl24@...> wrote:Oh,
                                      > you're from the Pacific Northwest too? I'm in
                                      > Eastern Washington. The farmers here are extremely
                                      > worried with this drought we're having, but I care
                                      > not. The weather is lovely.
                                      >
                                      > I am disappointed with the amount of snow in the
                                      > mountains, however. I'm a big skiier and I haven't
                                      > even gone this year because I don't want to tear up
                                      > my
                                      > nice brand new (never been used!!!!) skis!
                                      >
                                      > -Alysia
                                      >

                                      > > The Pacific Northwest has seen hardly any Winter
                                      > > weather this year. Just
                                      > > look to the mountains, almost bone dry. Not good
                                      > for
                                      > > spring run off and water
                                      > > needs. I love snow more than I can say, but I
                                      > don't
                                      > > have it now or have to
                                      > > shovel or drive in it. Brigit

                                      > > removed]