Re: [Loops_and_Telecoils] Clever T-Coil Placement

  • Joe Dashiell
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2011
      What we as a group need to do is contact each of the other mfrs to demand this. Does any one have contact information for the manufacturers?

      Thank you,

      Joe Dashiell

      On Sep 30, 2011, at 11:38 AM, Dana Mulvany <dmulvany@...> wrote:

      It's good to hear that Siemens is doing this, Terry.  Some other manufacturers are doing this, too, though I hadn't heard about Siemens before.  Widex announced at the Loop Conference that they were making this available for their CIC hearing aids (which would otherwise be too small to accommodate a telecoil).  Starkey already has a policy of putting a telecoil into as many of their hearing aids as possible but is also looking at providing telecoils in other places, too.

      Putting a telecoil into an external device means that one can easily adjust the orientation as well.

      Dana

      On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Terry L Simon <simon@...> wrote:

      I don't like to promote any particular brand of hearing aids, but just met with the local Siemen's rep this morning and found out they have a T-coil in their mini-tech streamer for small hearing aids. It not only connects the hearing aids to bluetooth devices, it has a T-coil in the streamer so wearers can pick up loop transmissions with even the smallest hearing instruments. Kudos to them for this innovative way to incorporate loops systems to small hearing aids.

      Terry L Simon
      Wireless Hearing Solutions by inLOOP
      6653 Grand Haven Road
      Norton Shores, MI   49456   USA