Re: [Loopframe_Guzzi]3 new records,non guzzi

  • kevin m
    Message 1 of 18 , May 8, 2012
      what do you got like Gilardoni pistons innit????  my god! wish you could take a few weeks and campaign it out this midwest way! way cool! them guys down under love squeezing little motors for all they got too- huge following

      Message 2 of 18 , May 9, 2012
        Mark, Awesome!

         <snip> Just got back from drag racing my slant 6 in Sacramento
        Got three more records,,best was 10.57 at 124 mph in the 1/4 mile.I now hold 9 national records in the slant six classes,had to share somewhere.Mark

         <snip>
      • Curtis H
        Message 3 of 18 , May 9, 2012
          Thanks for looking at our site. Yes it is a bit cumbersome at times. I wish I knew more about computer stuff, but every day is a new adventure. If there is ever any question about parts, just give us a call 800.752.9735. We get new inventory all the time. I just recieved inventory from Harry's Motors in Devner and SteelHorse Classics from back east there somewhere. Plus large import shipments.

          We do have covers in stock and ready to ship. Search part number 061069. I just found that it is actually in the wrong catagory and I will fix that as soon as I get there.

          We also have seat foam available. It is not on the site but will be very shortly. I believe that I have one in stock and will check price for you.

          Curtis Harper
          www.harpermoto.com
          800.752.9735

          --- In Loopframe_Guzzi@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lynch <cruiserguzzi@...> wrote:

          > Thanks.   I just couldnt get it to come up last night and lost patience.
          >

          > ________________________________
          >

          > The seats I've had redone have had good foam, so I can't help you there. My local upholstery guy made a very nice cover and installed it for $100. No "Moto Guzzi" on the back though.
          >
          > I've bought covers from Harper's in the past - very nice quality and reasonably priced. I just entered "seat cover" into the search box and it came up. http://www.harpermoto.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=70121
          >

          > Charlie
          > http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com/

        • PhilD
          Message 4 of 18 , May 9, 2012
            So what did you do to engine?
            What's the engine mounted to-the ride?

            Phil

            --- In Loopframe_Guzzi@yahoogroups.com, guzzirenew@... wrote:

            > Just got back from drag racing my slant 6 in Sacramento
            > Got three more records,,best was 10.57 at 124 mph in the 1/4 mile.I now hold 9 national records in the slant six classes,had to share somewhere.Mark

          • JA
            Message 5 of 18 , May 9, 2012
              Hi Chris,

              I just recovered my seat with a Harper's seat cover. It looks great and it is of really nice quality and fit. I'll send you a picture this evening. I was able to reuse the existing black foam. I also covered the top of the seat with a 1/4" layer of a really dense old carpet foam. The original black seat foam is hard to beat for the cost. I found it hard to find a big chuck of high density foam that would fit the whole thing plus trying to shape it so it didn't look like crap then try and make a pattern to fit the new seat. One thing I noticed was that any imperfections in the foam will show through the vinyl seat cover. I have a slight waffle pattern showing through the seat top from the foam cover I used. I used 2 coats of 3M Fastbond (water based) to attach the foams and glue the seat to the bottom of the pan. Glueing the seat was easier and came out nicer than I thought it was going to.

              John

              --- In Loopframe_Guzzi@yahoogroups.com, Chris Lynch <cruiserguzzi@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > I purchased a worn out dual seat with a useful pan recently.    I see on ebay I can get what looks like a decent cover out of the UK.  I checked Harpers but their site is not so useful. I couldnt find one on there and I dont see one on MG Cycle.
              >
              > Ive also looked around a bit for foam and I have found some options.
              >
              > I know a few of you on here have re-covered seats, but has anyone completely rebuilt one of these with new foam?   If so what did you use and how did it turn out?
              >
              > Thanks
              > Chris

            • John Prusnek
              Message 6 of 18 , May 9, 2012

                Chris—

                  I’ve rebuilt other seats, and a handy tool to cut the foam is an electric carving knife, the kind with two serrated blades that go back and forth. Works like a charm.

                John Prusnek

                http://myweb.core.com:8080/photos/spajohn@.../MotoGuzziDecals

                    Posted by: "Chris Lynch" cruiserguzzi@... cruiserguzzi

                Message 7 of 18 , May 10, 2012
                  Congratulations, Mark! I was just telling some friends about your racing slant-6 last week. They were impressed, of course!

                  Mike (69-77-96)

                  ------------
                  Just got back from drag racing my slant 6 in Sacramento
                  Got three more records,,best was 10.57 at 124 mph in the 1/4 mile.I now hold 9 national records in the slant six classes,had to share somewhere.Mark

                • BigRick
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 11, 2012
                    Thanks for the info guys. I picked up a pair of progressive 412's 12.5" length with the heavy duty springs, from ebay for $125.and, I should get them next week. Im confident that they will be a marked improvement over my 40 year old dampers. I plan to disassemble the LIMs on my bike, and attempt to modify the aluminum preload adjusters to fit the 412's "ala Moe" I am thinking if I can get a machinist to enlarge the bore for me, that may do the trick.
                    Thanks again, Rick.

                    --- In Loopframe_Guzzi@yahoogroups.com, Sean Boekenoogen <seanboek@...> wrote:

                    > I don't have Progressives on my loop, but I do have a set on my Steet
                    > Glide. The stock Harley shocks are pretty crappy to say the least, and the
                    > Progressives are leap and bounds better; but that's the only comparison I
                    > have to offer. I paid $500 for the pair online (my Harley shop wanted $700
                    > + tax) grrrrrr.
                    >
                    > On Monday, May 7, 2012, Link Miller wrote:
                    >
                    > > **
                    > >

                    > > I put these Ikons on my 73 eldo
                    > > http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=2090&osCsid=3ca860dcc6699d01071ebf27d9a91a74
                    > > and they are fantastic, they have progressive springs but I'm assuming one
                    > > major reason there so much better then stock is the internal valving. The
                    > > shocks feel very consistent through the entire travel length the "dial a
                    > > ride" feature works well. I went with alum. body in order to get the
                    > > threaded type preload adjusters which I played around with until I was
                    > > using about 7/8 to 3/4 of shocks travel & use "dial a ride" if I want to
                    > > stiffen it up for more spirited riding. Haven't gone 2 up but with all the
                    > > preload adjustment available I'm sure they would work great with a full
                    > > load. I was also thinking of the CG route in order to keep the orig. look
                    > > but felt I was getting way more shock for my money with the Ikon's.

                    > > *From:* BigRick <bigbikerrick@... <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
                    > > 'bigbikerrick@...');>>

                  • Link Miller
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 13, 2012
                      I got to see that car in person & meet Mark this weekend, cool looking car & apparently damm pretty fast !  Mark has some nice stuff in His shop my fav was a Morris Minor pick up truck He built I wish I took a picture of it. Mark rebuilt my Eldo motor. (I'll start a another post on that)