Happy April 1st

  • licountrygirl
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011
      Hello campers,

      What an April 1st - so dreary, and is that a little snow I see here and there? Yuk! I am so ready to start this camping season, how about you?

      I have to say that the camping reservation system upgrade for Suffolk County was a huge disappointment. It's so much more frustrating than the old system - we had a very hard time booking for this summer. So glad that it's pretty much over. We would like to book again in September for the Jewish holidays and then sadly, time to winterize once again.

      Did anyone have much success booking for the summer? After literal hours of trying to the reservation system to let us in, we were able to book 6 weeks altogether from Memorial Day to Labor Day at Smith's Point. We didn't get our favorite spots, but at least we will be there. To us there is nothing better than ocean front property for most of the summer.

      Has anyone ventured out yet? Are there any big trips planned for this camping season for anyone in the group? With gas prices being what they are, staying on Long Island was our best chance of using the camper this season.

      What's a new camping season without a problem with my camper or tow vehicle?? Alternator is shot on my Excursion. Yay. Just hope there aren't any problems with the camper.

      I wrapped up last year with blowing out the city water intake on my camper while I was winterizing. I've done some reading and have found that since I don't dry camp and will be hooked up to city water the entire time I am using the camper, it shouldn't be a problem. The water should flow through without any hitches. Worse comes to worse, I'll call dear old dad and he can put a new city water input in.

      Ok, enough from me - anyone want to share upcoming trips, info with the group?