Time to start thinking about the new camping season!!

  • licountrygirl
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2011
      With warmer temps promised us for this week, it's got me thinking about camping this year.

      We still haven't heard any new updates from the County about when they will be opening the reservations system for us. I'm wondering how that is going to go. They said they would open it slowly so hopefully the system won't become overloaded.

      How does everyone feel about paying in advance? Has anyone heard what they will do in the case of cancellations?

      Of course, the fee increases was not welcome news. Having it rolled back last year was so nice but I guess that couldn't last forever.

      Having to pay up front will hopefully limit the amount of people that book just to book and then cancel within that free 48 hour window.

      This winter has been brutal, I can't wait til we're sitting on the beach or having a campfire on our site.

      Anyone else thinking about camping?
    • Gene Hanley
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2011
        I'm on the same page!!! I know when the county is gonna open... Date by date. I'll post it

        Sent from my iPhone
      • licountrygirl
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2011
          Awesome! I keep checking the websites to see if there are any new announcements - but if you hear something, please let us know!!

          I am SOOOOO ready for this winter to end!

          Thanks for writing - we are looking forward to whatever info you can provide!

        • kench@optonline.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 12, 2011
            I called the county last week to check on the res. Sys. They said it was a huge undertaking, and they'll send out an email when it is ready.
            Can't wait.

            From: licountrygirl <licountrygirl@...>
            Sender: LongIslandCamping@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 14:11:54 +0000
            To: <LongIslandCamping@yahoogroups.com>
            ReplyTo: LongIslandCamping@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [LongIslandCamping] Re: Time to start thinking about the new camping season!!

            Awesome! I keep checking the websites to see if there are any new announcements - but if you hear something, please let us know!!

            I am SOOOOO ready for this winter to end!

            Thanks for writing - we are looking forward to whatever info you can provide!

            --- In LongIslandCamping@yahoogroups.com, Gene Hanley <mrmom7900@...> wrote:

            > I'm on the same page!!! I know when the county is gonna open... Date by date. I'll post it
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone

          • Gene Hanley
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 12, 2011
              Here it is...
              3/1/11:: Reservations from 3/8/11-6/4/11.

              3/14/11:: Reservations from 3/21/11-9/9/11.

              3/28/11:: Reservations from 4/4/11-9/10/11.

              4/11/11:: Reservations from 4/18/11 to 180 days in advance.
              Hope this helps.

              Sent from my iPhone
            • Desiree Della Rocca
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 12, 2011
                I'm a bit confused - if the 1st "session" goes to June, how come the next "session" starts back in March again - can you explain it a bit more? I'm a bit slow!! :)

                 Desiree