154Re: First night with new reservation system

  • licountrygirl
    Mar 4, 2011
      I agree, it has been frustrating as they launch this new reservation system. One thing I would have liked to see is a feature where you can save your payment information for future reservations.

      The time that it has been offline since March 1st is also frustrating. I tried to go onto my profile and change my password to something besides my green key expiration date (which you're supposed to be able to do now) and that won't work.

      I think after a few go-arounds with making reservations it won't be so bad. The main thing that concerns me is the way they are opening up the summer for booking. We like to go as much as we are allowed to at Smith's Point so when they open up the majority of the summer at one time, I will have to try to make about 4 reservations in one shot. I feel that the chances of that happening are slim to none, although I really thought that Memorial Day Weekend would be booked before I blinked and that wasn't the case. By 7:07 or so, there were still spots open in the extension and that was unheard of in past years.

      Hope everyone is able to get some good weeks in this summer.

      --- In LongIslandCamping@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <rjmny47@...> wrote:

      > Seems to me that they should have left well enough alone. The new system stinks and most times is offline
      >
      > --- In LongIslandCamping@yahoogroups.com, "licountrygirl" <licountrygirl@> wrote:
      > >
      > > So, how did it go? Did anyone use the new system tonight? Had I not been so nervous that I couldn't remember how to type numbers, it would have went a lot smoother for me - but it was ok, got a reservation at Smith's Point over Memorial Day Weekend on the ocean.
      > >
      > > What about everyone else?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic