139Re: [LongIslandCamping] Winterization woes

  • Desiree
    Oct 11, 2010
      I forgot to mention that I do have a hot water heater bypass.
      Maybe the valves are all turned wrong? I have a cold water valve, a hot water one and one that runs between them. Which way should they be turned? I also blew out my city water check valve and got a face full of water and anti freeze. Not fun.

      Sent from my iPod

      On Oct 11, 2010, at 8:30 PM, hwymedic@... wrote:

      If your hot water heater is not blocked/by passed from the rest of the system, the antifreeze will first run through the hot water heater and fill before it will flow out the hot water taps.
      Ric Remz
      In a message dated 10/11/2010 7:13:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, licountrygirl@... writes:

      I just enjoyed my last long weekend camping and was sad as I attempted to winterize the water system. I got the antifreeze to run through the cold lines but nothing came out of the hot taps. Any ideas? It's so frustrating!

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic