Blood Brothers

  • Marianne
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2007
      Has anyone finished "Blood Brothers" by Nora Roberts? I'm just curious
      to find what y'all thought.

      M~
    • dalamcfan1
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2007
        I haven't decided if I want to read it yet. I don't particularly like
        books about vampires or demons.

        --Dru

        --- In LongAndShortRomanceReviews@yahoogroups.com, "Marianne"
        <LASReviews@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone finished "Blood Brothers" by Nora Roberts? I'm just
        curious
        > to find what y'all thought.
        >
        > M~

      • Marianne
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2007
          Thus far, there isn't a lot of creepiness going on, but I suspect there
          will be. The odd thing for me is, although there is some romance -- it
          IS Nora Roberts, of course -- it's rather on the back burner...

          I enjoy creepy, paranormal stories so that isn't an issue. And it's a
          bit of a mystery, too. It's just not as emotional as most of her books
          are.

          Color me puzzled, if not disappointed. Though, the mystery/paranormal
          part has me interested enough to read the next two books...

          M~
        • Judy Thomas
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 4, 2007
            I haven't had the chance to get it yet. You know what I think about "The Nora." Do you think I should bother? Unlike Dru, vamps and demons don't bother me...if they are done well. Too often they are "same old same old"

            --
            J~T~

            "That was the moment when I changed from an amateur to a professional. I
            assumed the burden of a profession, which is to write even when you don't want
            to, don't much like what you are writing, and aren't writing particularly well."
            -Dame Agatha Christie
          • Cerian
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2007
              I don't mind paranormal, such as ghosts, but I just can't get into vampires.

              I've been listening to Nora's book Birthright on audio while at work. It's a good story but I find the readers rendition of a man's voice very distracting and I'm praying that I'm not going to hear those voices everytime I read the male dialogue in her books.

              Ceri

              Marianne <LASReviews@...> wrote:
              Thus far, there isn't a lot of creepiness going on, but I suspect there
              will be. The odd thing for me is, although there is some romance -- it
              IS Nora Roberts, of course -- it's rather on the back burner...

              I enjoy creepy, paranormal stories so that isn't an issue. And it's a
              bit of a mystery, too. It's just not as emotional as most of her books
              are.

              Color me puzzled, if not disappointed. Though, the mystery/paranormal
              part has me interested enough to read the next two books...

              M~

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:LongAndShortRomanceReviews-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:LongAndShortRomanceReviews-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              FINALLY HOME-June 2007 from Whiskey Creek Press
              WHERE ONE ROAD LEADS-August 2007 from Samhain Publishing

              First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
              Epictetus

            • Marianne
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2007
                Blood Brothers isn't a vampire series... it's about a demon. Her
                series from last year was the vampire one.

                It's not that I'm not enjoying it. I am. It's just not your typical
                Nora (except for, of course, her trademark head-hopping).

                And your complaint about the audio book? One of the reasons I seldom
                listen to them... Though I did really, really enjoy listening
                to "Strange Highways" by Dean Koontz. That book made me get through my
                one hour commute without realizing how I got there! LOL...

                M~
              • Cerian