Re: [LongAndShortRomanceReviews] Re: Drue Allen interview

  • Megan Johns
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
      Hi Drue,
      Sorry I couldn't join you later yesterday, but I have enjoyed reading your chat responses.
      Thanks for responding to my question. I was interested in hearing marketing tips from a newby with such great sales success, which is no mean achievement. Congratulations again!
      Best Wishes
      Megan Johns
      'The Path of Innocence'
      www.megan-johns.com

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2010
        You're very welcome, Megan.

        I visited your website (very nice) and noticed that you have the advantage of having a good price on your book (unlike mine--ha ha ha). So yeah, I'd probably market the heck out of that thing.

        Definitely get on the loops and listen to what is and isn't working for other authors. Of course, marketing can be a black hole, and I'm sure you've heard that too. I think the 25% rule is a good one. Spend 25% of your time marketing, 25% reading and 50% writing. It's a goal, and it works pretty well when I manage it.

        Drue Allen
        The Cost of Love, 3-17-10
        http://www.drueallen.com
        http://drueallen.blogspot.com/