New member introduction

  • online_prof
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
      Good morning everyone,
      I signed up for this group a while back (several months in fact) and have been caught up in work and writing and have not had an opportunity to visit. With the time change this morning, I find myself with an extra hour when I do not have to work!!

      I'm a college professor and I teach classes online, at home, and I have quite the flexible schedule. You know, that's the one where you work all the time, seven days a week, not just 9-5. I teach English, writing, communications, and criminal justice classes. I also do some instructional design and course writing when the opportunity comes my way.

      My nonfiction book about Self Defense was published about 8 years ago and then in March, I had an historical romance published. The romance was co-written with my late mother. I am currently finishing another nonfiction book that is due at the publisher at the end of this week. So I'll be busy the rest of this week finishing up that as well as my usual teaching.

      The romance is called Winds of Gold and is loosely based on the Legend of Beale's Treasure in Bedford Virginia. It's written under the pen name Jessa Lee Scott. Here are my author pages on Amazon:
      http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002TVHAUG
      http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002TVD7JY

      And my Author's Den page:
      http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewwork.asp?AuthorID=115652&id=36343

      I've enjoyed reading the messages in the group and hope to be able to participate more after this next week is over!!

      Just call me Lee

      AKA Lee Bowman
      AKA Leslie Bowman
      AKA Jessa Lee Scott
    • Pauline B Jones
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
        Welcome to LASR, Lee! What a schedule you've got! Glad you got an hour to say hi. :-)
        Pauline Baird Jones www

        Pauline Baird Jones
        www.paulinebjones.com
        Pauline@...

        http://twitter.com/paulinejones
        The Key Audio Book  The Key
        "Getting a Clue" A  Box of Texas Chocolates Anthology - Fall/2009

        online_prof wrote:

        Just call me Lee

        AKA Lee Bowman
        AKA Leslie Bowman
        AKA Jessa Lee Scott

      • Mary
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009

          Lee,

          Welcome back. I don't get to post as often as I'd like either, so it's nice to hear someone else with the same dilemma. Take care.

          Lynn Hones

          Those Who Wait

          www.lynnhones.com

          --- In LongAndShortRomanceReviews@yahoogroups.com, "online_prof" <online_prof@...> wrote:

          > Good morning everyone,
          > I signed up for this group a while back (several months in fact) and have been caught up in work and writing and have not had an opportunity to visit. With the time change this morning, I find myself with an extra hour when I do not have to work!!
          >
          > I'm a college professor and I teach classes online, at home, and I have quite the flexible schedule. You know, that's the one where you work all the time, seven days a week, not just 9-5. I teach English, writing, communications, and criminal justice classes. I also do some instructional design and course writing when the opportunity comes my way.
          >
          > My nonfiction book about Self Defense was published about 8 years ago and then in March, I had an historical romance published. The romance was co-written with my late mother. I am currently finishing another nonfiction book that is due at the publisher at the end of this week. So I'll be busy the rest of this week finishing up that as well as my usual teaching.
          >
          > The romance is called Winds of Gold and is loosely based on the Legend of Beale's Treasure in Bedford Virginia. It's written under the pen name Jessa Lee Scott. Here are my author pages on Amazon:
          > http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002TVHAUG
          > http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B002TVD7JY
          >
          > And my Author's Den page:
          > http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewwork.asp?AuthorID=115652&id=36343
          >
          > I've enjoyed reading the messages in the group and hope to be able to participate more after this next week is over!!
          >
          > Just call me Lee
          >
          > AKA Lee Bowman
          > AKA Leslie Bowman
          > AKA Jessa Lee Scott

        • J Rose
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 3, 2009
            Hi, Lee! Welcome to the group!

            Online teaching sounds really intriguing. And with your educational background I'm surprised you aren't putting out murder mysteries! Or perhaps you want to take a break from "work" in your fiction? I know I don't write medical stories for that reason.

            Jade
            Fiction with a Passion http://jroseallister.awardspace.us