Welcome!

  • marianneatlasr
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 5, 2007
      Come on in and make yourself at home. Soon, we hope to offer you some
      refreshment in the form of author spotlights and giveaways. We plan to
      have some wonderful promotions and open coversations with and about
      your favorite authors. Tell a friend -- the more the merrier!

      And be ready for some good times ahead!

      Marianne
      http://www.longandshortreviews.com
      http://www.longandshortreviews.blogspot.com
    • Judy Thomas
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 9 5:43 AM
        You beat me to your welcome! So... welcome. Hope your girls get better
        soon!

        My question... who is your favorite character and where did you get the
        inspiration for him/her?
      • Sophia Rae
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 9 6:22 AM
          I'm doing a Q&A all day today and I'm so thrilled to be here:)

          I'll be in and out. I have 2 sick girls (2 years old and 7 weeks). So, ask questions as you want and I'll pop in when I get a chance from wiping noses to answer.

          Here's a quick blurb from my latest release, Naked Vengeance from Samhain Publishing.

          To get to the truth, you have to strip away all the layers.

          FBI agent Eve Morgan will stop at nothing to find her father’s killer and avenge his death, even posing as a stripper and getting suspended from her job. Her plans are blown all to hell when bullets fly, and she’s rescued by a man who may or may not be on the right side of the law.

          Ex-Marine Nick Shaffer knows Eve is trouble the second he lays eyes on her leather-clad body, but he’s been hired to protect her. Nothing will get in his way. Not her sultry looks, his overactive hormones—or the nightmarish guilt from his last mission, in which an innocent man died.

          As they get closer to the truth, the danger escalates, and so does the sexual tension. But the secrets they keep from each other could be just as deadly as the killer they hunt.

          Hugs,
          Sophia Rae:)

        • Jo Webnar
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 9 7:19 AM

            Nice blurb!

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 9 7:41 AM
              Great blurb, Sophia! Thanks for stopping by today. :-)

              --
              Pauline Baird Jones
              www.paulinebjones.com

              “Looks like we got another furball, playmates,” Carey said. “Fangs out and form up on me. Let’s teach these gomers their second lesson in intergalactic etiquette. Stay on my six, bravo2.”

              Carey’s ship angled, turning sharply and then headed straight for the line of incoming Dusan fighters. Right on his six, Fyn followed him in, fanning his wings to avoid incoming fire.

            • Sophia Rae
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 9 9:56 AM
                My favorite character is Eve. She's the heroine in Naked Vengeance. I knew I wanted a heroine who had a strong backbone. But, I also wanted to torture her just a bit.

                I killed her father, suspended her from the FBI, made her strip in a sleazy club to uncover her father's killer and paired her with a badboy who drives her insane.

                Sophia

                You beat me to your welcome! So... welcome. Hope your girls get better
                soon!

                My question... who is your favorite character and where did you get the
                inspiration for him/her?

                Checked by AVG.
              • Dancingmama96@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 9 11:55 AM
                  That's a great blurb, it looks interesting.  ~Chris

                • Charlotte Chalmers
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 9 1:17 PM

                    Sophia, that is one excellent blurb!  I love it!  And I am so sorry your babies are ill.  Well done, that girl, on even making an appearance, I say! =D>=D>

                    Sheryl writing as Charlotte Chalmers
                    The Madness of Celia SummersNow available in Print

                    Naked Fully Clothed - Coming in Late 2008

                    The Wild Rose Press
                    www.charlottechalmers.com

                    The Polka Dot Banner

                    MySpace

                    Preview The Book   Trailer Link

                    --- In LongAndShortRomanceReviews@yahoogroups.com, "Sophia Rae" <sophiarae@...> wrote:

                    > I'm doing a Q&A all day today and I'm so thrilled to be here:)
                    >
                    > I'll be in and out. I have 2 sick girls (2 years old and 7 weeks). So, ask questions as you want and I'll pop in when I get a chance from wiping noses to answer.
                    >
                    > Here's a quick blurb from my latest release, Naked Vengeance from Samhain Publishing.
                    >
                    > To get to the truth, you have to strip away all the layers.
                    >
                    > FBI agent Eve Morgan will stop at nothing to find her father's killer and avenge his death, even posing as a stripper and getting suspended from her job. Her plans are blown all to hell when bullets fly, and she's rescued by a man who may or may not be on the right side of the law.
                    >
                    > Ex-Marine Nick Shaffer knows Eve is trouble the second he lays eyes on her leather-clad body, but he's been hired to protect her. Nothing will get in his way. Not her sultry looks, his overactive hormones—or the nightmarish guilt from his last mission, in which an innocent man died.
                    >
                    > As they get closer to the truth, the danger escalates, and so does the sexual tension. But the secrets they keep from each other could be just as deadly as the killer they hunt.
                    >
                    > Hugs,
                    > Sophia Rae:)

                  • Pauline Jones
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 25, 2008
                      I'm late to the party. on digest trying to meet a deadline, but wanted to say hi!!! Enjoyed your interview. A huge Agatha fan, too. :-)

                      Pauline B Jones
                      www.paulinebjones.com
                      Check out my giveaway on my website!
                      THE KEY-"...an intergalactic space adventure that will thrill readers to the very tips of their toes." Heartstrings Reviews
                    • mary kellis
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 25, 2008
                        Hi Paulene,
                          I always say better late than never! Lol!
                        Hugs,
                        Lanaia

                        Chat with me at: http://lanaia74.chatango.com

                        vacationmsg

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 26, 2008
                          Hi Paulene,
                            I always say better late than never! Lol!
                          Hugs,
                          Lanaia<<

                          thanks! :-) this week went buy real fast! LOL!
                          --
                          Pauline Baird Jones www

                          Pauline Baird Jones
                          www.paulinebjones.com
                          Pauline@...
                          The Key, L&L Dreamspell, Independent Publisher Awards Bronze Medal Winner, 2008
                          Proud member, Broad Universe (http://www.broaduniverse.org)

                          “Okay. Don’t get shot. Anything else?”
                          “They’ll have two positions, overlooking your ship. We’ll need to hit them at the same time. If they get a chance to send a warning, more will come.”
                          Did she understand what he was telling her?
                          Her mouth thinned and her eyes narrowed. “So, we make them go away.”
                          He hoped that meant kill them.

                          from THE KEY