Liverpool media award for VLM

  • themeweaver
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2004
      VLM Airlines' decision to commence a five times daily service between
      Liverpool and London City has been acknowledged at the Liverpool
      Daily Post's Regional Business Awards 2004.

      Daily Post editor Jane Wolstenholme made the award for VLM
      Airlines' 'Exceptional Contribution to the Merseyside Economy' to the
      airlines' UK Regional Manager Titus Johnson, who accepted it amidst
      happy applause from the audience.

      The Daily Post had led a 'Fight for a Flight' campaign, which was
      answered by VLM Airlines' decision to launch the new service last
      February. VLM Airlines recognised it as a clear opportunity, given
      both the economic vibrancy of the region and its recent declaration
      as Capital of Culture 2008.

      Titus Johnson comments: "The Liverpool to London City link has been
      extremely successful, providing an important advantage for the city.
      By eliminating the strain of commuting when travelling between
      Merseyside and London, VLM Airlines allows travellers to use their
      time and travel budget more efficiently - especially as the UK Civil
      Aviation Authority has confirmed that VLM Airlines is the most
      punctual airline operator in the UK."

      He continues: "VLM Airlines continues to meet the needs of its
      passengers, and to be recognised for that. We share our celebrations
      with the pro-active Merseyside business community who have endorsed
      our service, and contributed to our success"

      Article by Vicky Karantzavelou - (c) Thursday, July 29, 2004

      Source: http://www.traveldailynews.com/new.asp?
      newid=17760&subcategory_id=95