HELP WANTED: Lead Local Youth to Change their Community!

  • dmbcomm@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005

      HELP WANTED

      Lead Local Youth to Change their Community!

      Reply to: prework@...
      Date: 2005-11-01, 12:58PM

      Job Description

      Work with a group of youth ages 11-14 in a school-to-work taining program that provides youth with real life skills and experience. Equip youth with the job readiness and leadership skills necessary to create change in their community. Lead our community issues career team which is working on a violence prevention project.

      Qualifications

      College degree or current college student
      Experience working with youth
      Commitment to youth development
      Integrity and responsibility
      Interest in community development

      Period of Employment

      We currently have an opening for our fall session. The hours are generally 10 to 15 hours per week.
      ------------
      Centro Nueva Creacion is a non-profit community organization serving youth and families of the Fairhill neighborhood of Philadelphia. Centro Nueva is the originator of the popular "Goodlands" photo exhibit, featuring the photographic work of local youth in an exhibit highlighting the good of the community in photos. Other pre-work career teams are Young Citizen, and Journalism/Creative Writing. Team Leaders empower youth with the skills they need to change the community. Centro Nueva Creacion celebrated its 10th Anniversary in the community during 2004.

      Send resume and a cover letter to Bianca Morales, Program Director, prework@...

      Centro Nueva Creacion
      162 W. Tioga Street
      Philadelphia, PA 19140
      215-426-8762, ext. 11    Fax: 215-427-2176
      www.centronueva.org

      Original URL: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/edu/108108150.html
      DMB COMMUNICATIONS~Philadelphia
      info@...