Nicetown Area to get new playground

  • info@DMBCOMMUNICATIONS.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 9 10:42 AM
      After Lot's of Hard Work, and Deliberation Nicetown Playground May Be Reality
      By D. Michael Blackie
      Logan News Group

      Wednesday, April 9, 2003- Logan News Group has learned that the efforts of the Nicetown Community Improvement Team has won some ground. That ground, in particular is a parcel of land, long a community eyesore at 11th and Venango Streets. Now, through the diligence of the Recreation Committee of the Nicetown Community Improvement Team, Mayor's Office of Community Services organizer Cynthia Barnes and the dedication of residents a 'Ground Breaking' will be scheduled in the coming weeks. The Logan TIMES~Independent will bring you the announcement as soon as we know the date.
      In an E-mail to Logan News, Barnes explains "There's good news-we should be breaking ground in about six weeks". This is good news for Barnes, the committee and the community at large. I was privileged to be a part of some of the meetings (held monthly) and to hear the angst of disgruntled neighbors who wrestled with city bureaucracy for nearly two years. I know first hand the elation community organizers and residents feel when a long sought goal is accomplished. We offer our congratulations to Cynthia Barnes, her co-chair Charmaine Sudler, and all the hard working members of the Nicetown Improvement Team.
      For information about the group, It's meetings, and membership contact Cynthia Barnes at the Mayor's Office of Community Services/Community Engagement Unit at 215-685-3600/0785 or E-mail her at Cynthia.Barnes@...
      Just a personal aside...they don't just "meet" at every meeting they "Eat", so perhaps, well fed committee members can get more done? You decide.
      D.M.B.
      Editor & Publisher

      DMB COMMUNICATIONS Print Media/Publicity; Media Relations; Copywriting/Editing
      your ONE source for all your needs. 215-324-8933  info@...
      "The Good Citizen Must Not Lead An Inactive Life"  - PLATO
    • D. Michael Blackie
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 9 1:54 PM
        CORRECTION: The correct phone number for Ms. Barnes is 215-685-0789
        We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
        Logan News Staff

        _