Re: [LoganSquare] The Politics of Place

  • Jane Heron
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31, 2006
      I am really touched by Tom's good words. I did not solicit them. Jane
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 31, 2006
        "Jane's book" The Politics of Place @ B&N We have several copies at Barnes & Noble on Webster. Call us and we will put a copy on hold for you.

        B&N
        773-871-3610
        --
        Gail
        fathnoi@...

        From: Tom Cunningham <tjlc0092@...>
        Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 08:48:08 -0700 (PDT)
        To: LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com

        Jane Heron <jshkwt@...> wrote:

        Hi Neighbors--Many people came to our presentation on the book, "The Politics of Place: A History of Zoning in Chicago."  A lot couldn't make it.  The book is written for the general reader, and I would encourage neighbors interested in our current development and zoning issues to read the book.

        It covers social and political history and the effect of demographic changes over time. It also looks at peole's views and expectations of zoning, and chages there over time. It discusses some of the obectives anbd program and the new zoning ordinance and talks about why it took so long to develop one.

        The Logan Square library has many copies. You can buy it at Barnes & Noble, Webster Place, or Border's, Clark & Diversey.  I hope you'll findi it reawrding reading. Jane Heron

        Do you Yahoo!?
         Next-gen email? Have it all with the  all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42241/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handraisers>

      • heritica
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
          I cant seemto find this on Barnes and Nobles web site. Any
          ideas?Margaret McCombs
        • Lisa
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
            --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "heritica" <heritica@...> wrote:

            > I cant seemto find this on Barnes and Nobles web site. Any
            > ideas?Margaret McCombs

            Yes. Unless you really want to own it, I did just see three copies
            available at the Logan Square library on Tuesday night. It is not very
            large, so could probably be read in the two week time limit fairly
            easily...Which I still intend to do, but I was there for vacation
            reading (no offense, Jane) :)

            Lisa
          • Carter OBrien
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
              It is on Amazon.com:

              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1893121267/sr=8-1/qid=1154633279/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7731290-6272115?ie=UTF8

            • jshkwt@att.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                Hi Margaret--It's in the Barnes & Noble store a Webster & Clybourn, also at Border's at Clark & Diversey. I am told it's on Amazon.com also. The complete citation is The Politics of Place: A History of Zoning in Chicago (Chicago: Lake Claremont Press, 2006). ISBN 1893121267. It may not be on  the B&N website, since it's of mainly local interest. I could get you a copy & drop it off, if you like. It would be nice to see you again. Jane
                -------------- Original message from "heritica" <heritica@...>: --------------

                > I cant seemto find this on Barnes and Nobles web site. Any
                > ideas?Margaret McCombs
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Fred Klonsky
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006

                  I cant seemto find this on Barnes and Nobles web site. Any
                  ideas?Margaret McCombs

                • rachel
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                    Here it is on amazon:

                    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1893121267/sr=8-1/qid=1154637819/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-0499656-1926232?ie=UTF8

                    wrybrarian.com

                  • Gail
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                      Re: [LoganSquare] The Politics of Place
                      It’s on the bn.com website. Use the ISBN in the key word search...1893121267
                      --
                      Gail
                      fathnoi@...

                      From: jshkwt@...
                      Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:30:09 +0000
                      To: LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com

                        From: jshkwt@...
                        Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:30:09 +0000
                        To: LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 3, 2006
                          No offense taken, Lisa; thanks for your interest. Hope everyone who responded will read it. My husband told me it was surprisingly readable and interesting. (Meaning, he read it 'cuz he had too and was relieved to find it wasn't too awful, or something like that.) Jane
                          -------------- Original message from "Lisa" <lisarides8@...>: --------------