Re: [LoganSquare] Local violin lessons

  • acevens@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2006
      We are also looking for a Logan Square violin teacher for our twelve year old
      with two years of experience.
    • Laurie Tanenbaum
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1 7:31 AM
        violin...... Is the Old Town School of Folk Music too far??? Laurie

        acevens@... wrote: We are also looking for a Logan Square violin teacher for our twelve year old
        with two years of experience.
      • Jennifer DeLeon
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1 8:52 AM

          This place is close by and offers violin, singing,guitar and all types of dance classes at reasonable prices.

          Rico Music Center
          (773) 794-9972
          4821 W Irving Park Rd
        • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1 9:24 AM
            We were hoping to be able to walk or take a short bus
            ride--getting to either Old Town location requires a
            bit more interaction with traffic than we would prefer
            to encounter. We'd be happy to go to someone's home or
            have them come in--didn't Chopin teach piano in his
            parlor? hee hee

            How about handy lessons at that new Park Center
            Building at the Square--oh sorry, not built yet, but I
            am dreaming...

            --- Laurie Tanenbaum <lauriet57@...> wrote:

            > violin...... Is the Old Town School of Folk Music
            > too far??? Laurie
          • John Lofton
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1 12:16 PM
              Go ahead and check with the Old Town School. They may be able to
              refer someone who is local or willing to make a housecall. They have
              a bulletin board with lessons posted, too. You also might try DePaul
              and see if they have students in the music dept who give lessons.

              Good Luck!

              John

              --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis"

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2 11:39 AM
                Thanks for all of the ideas. We will follow up so
                that we can continue to have live music in our home!

                Ann

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 14 7:33 PM
                  We found a college-age violin teacher who will be
                  coming to Logan Square for in-home lessons on
                  Thursdays. If anyone else needs lessons, let me know
                  off list and I will send you her information.

                  Ann Cibulskis

                  http://mail.yahoo.com