Re: Immigration Rally - CPD issues march details.

  • joseandmaria2005
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2006
      -Hopefully, everyone will be marching tomorrow for fair immigration
      and equal rights for all. I have heard nothing mentioned yet on this
      listserve (except the announcement) about the Minutemen debating in
      Logan Square on Thursday May 4. PLEASE as many as possible show up
      to either sit in the debate or stand outside to demonstrate against
      their hate. A 14th District Officer who patrols my beat told me
      yesterday, they are expecting a large turnout and will set up a
      demonstration area. He also said they are expecting the Nazis, Aryan
      Nations, and KKK to show up and demonstrate outside because our
      neighborhood has lots of latinos. I said that was "impossible". They
      would never come here !!! But, the Police seem to believe they
      will. So, residents and neighbors lets show up. If we cant get in
      the church, we can stand outside and hold candles. It is alright in
      my familys opinion to have a debate between both sides. It is only
      fair. That does not mean we will not come out to protest the
      Minutemen and these other groups. Can you believe the Minutemen
      coming to Logan Square and Humboldt Park ? By the way, The head of
      the Minutemen will be debating. Rosanna Pulido who is always on
      National TV. Hold your pants, She is a Mexican !!! Go figure ?! We
      need to support Gabe and the Illinois Coalition For Immigrant and
      Refugee Rights. And, if those other groups do show up, we must stand
      strong !!!

      -- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, Rey Reyes <reyreyes@...> wrote:

      > A friend just shared with me the info. below regarding the
      immigration rally on Monday...