Re: [LoganSquare] Drug/gang problem building 3220 W Wellington

  • walter anderson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2005
      Mark, I'm glad you brought this up. My son catches
      his school bus right on that corner. It's fine in the
      mornings, but it definetely has a very noticeable gang
      pressence there in the afternoons.

      Unfortunately his bus drops him off about 35 minutes
      after Logandale/Avondale lets out so it can be pretty
      empty and almost spooky feeling at times. I hate when
      the bus is late, leaving me to sit and watch gang
      members creep back and forth on the block carefully
      watching each passing car for I don't know what (rival
      gang members, drug customers perhaps?).

      Actually, today, when I went to pick him up, cops had
      5 or 6 of these guys with their hands on the hood. I
      saw a canine patrol roll up as we were walking away.
      I really hope that the police make a real effort to
      clean this area up. There have been a few times when
      I've been late to pick up my son (he's 11) and it
      makes me nervous to think that he might be alone out
      there.

      Walter Anderson
      Fresh Paint
      773.220.4140