Sulzen Fine Art Studio TONIGHT Open Studio!

  • dpzamudio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hi Everyone,

      Today is the official Kick-off to the 4th of July weekend and we have a great way to start the Holiday festivities!

      Tonight, Friday July 1, we will be hosting our monthly SFAS FIRST FRIDAY OPEN STUDIO between 5pm -9pm in our air-conditioned space!

      Paintings are nearly complete and many photographs are framed. This is your chance to help us place a Red Dot near some of the new artwork that will be exhibited during the Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival. Stop over tonight and be the first to see and purchase artwork before the festival goers discover our studio later this month!

      The Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival is just weeks away. This year's festival runs from Friday, July 29 to Sunday, July 31. Our exhibition during the festival is titled "Artistas de la Casa Inclinada". Besides the exciting new work by all the "Artists of the Leaning House", we will also have a Friday Night Opening Musical Performance by Belinda and Maritza Cervantes from the Luna Blues Machine and a Sunday Morning YOGA Class taught by Eric Kenron! Both events are FREE! Times will be posted on our website and in a reminder email later this month.

      The July selections for Art of the Month feature 2 new pieces that will be exhibited during the Fest.

      Julie's oil painting "Winter Scene" is currently exhibiting at the MAAF VIP Preview Event. The gessoed panel allows for some wonderful "washed" areas of paint that look almost like watercolor. The piece depicts little signs of wild dried plants and old fencing dusted with snow on a quiet side street/alley in Chicago.

      Dan's toy camera photograph "Rocking Horse" is an example from his latest series called "Solarized". "Solarized" focuses on the darkroom technique referred to as solarization. During the developing stage of a print a light is turned on for a split second overexposing the image on the paper. The result is an image with areas slightly developed along with a nearly negative effect. Computer photo editing programs allow artists the ability to create a similar look, but the hands-on randomness of the darkroom chemicals and light source makes each of Dan's prints a unique one of a kind image. On occasion 2 prints were created in the darkroom at the same time and the images are nearly identical, but each is unique with slight variations of light and dark areas.

      Please click here to view July's Art of the Month. http://www.sulzenfineartstudio.com/artofthemonthmain.html

      Thanks and hope to see you tonight!
      Julie Sulzen and Dan Zamudio
      www.sulzenfineartstudio.com