A Chicago Sun-Times article from: reegley@sbcglobal.net

  • reegley@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
      The following article from the Chicago Sun-Times has been forwarded to you by reegley@...

      If you wish to stop receiving these articles, please contact the sender.

      Comments from the sender:

      To read the full story, click here:
      http://www.suntimes.com/business/roeder/2935686,roeder-CST-1201.article
    • coloradocommuter
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
        http://www.suntimes.com/business/roeder/2935686,roeder-CST-1201.article

        Earlier this year, 35th Ward Aldermanic Candidate Nancy Schiavone took a lead role in working to inform business and property owners of a proposed SSA ("special taxing districts backed by aldermen, who are supposed to get consent of the property owners") in 35th Ward similar to that mentioned in the article, also proposed in under the radar fashion ("no advance notice of the SSA"), and stubbornly supported by our current alderman, even after other alderman withdrew their support for an even larger SSA district.

        We were successful in stopping the implementation of this ill-conceived taxing district. And now, tired of such backroom deals and lack of transparency, those of us who worked with Nancy toward stopping the ill-conceived 35th Ward SSA are supporting the election of Nancy Schiavone for 35th Ward Alderman.

        Lynn