Re: [LoganSquare] Kimball/Dawson demolition started(?)

  • Erik Glass
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      On Saturday the 27th of March, I noticed that the
      front (Kimball) facade of the southern most structure
      had been partially dismantled. Maybe they need the
      brick and 'Renaissance Stone' for another un-permitted
      project somewhere else in the neighborhood? For all
      we know, it could be scavengers who have no connection
      whatsoever to Mr. Dietrich. The site has never been
      adequately secured.
    • Ward Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
        RE: Kimball/Dawson: Perhaps proper site security should be addressed in the
        future as part of any "new package proposal" presented to the alderman and
        community.

        I would also encourage people to remember this project, its vast history,
        bad politics, construction problems and the full scenario of problems/issues
        in the future when other re-development proposals are presented to the
        community. This one project embodies many of the issues that have concerned
        us all over the past four years and has provided us with some valuable and
        well-learned lessons.

        In my personal opinion, we as the community-at-large still encourage and
        support good and positive development in Logan/Avondale. However, much of
        what has been proposed lately falls short of the term "good or positive
        development".

        Ward