Re: [LoganSquare] Sun-Times: Driver painting nails in fatal crash gets 1.5 years jail

  • Mike Kozenko
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 31, 2010
      I asked a simple question...how many years do you think they should get?

      That's all I asked and again you come with your opinions about what I was thinking. No one is "mixing apples with rib eye steaks."

      These are two crimes and offenders are being prosecuted in criminal court. If you don't want to answer the question about what the sentencing should be...just say so.

      By the way I think you do care about these two (innocent) bucktown woman.

      Why????  Well you're a woman and you live awfully close to the crime.

      M. Kozenko
      2054 N. Whipple Chicago, Il 60647
      Ph.: 773 401-4040/Fax: 773 276-0797

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2010
        The correct punishment would be a life for a life!

      • Todd Gee
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2010
          Harold writes "the correct punishment would be a life for a life". (This, if
          people forget is in reference to the woman who, while busy applying nail polish,
          "accidentally" struck a motorcyclist with her car and killed him.)

          That's all well and good; but how do we punish those drivers who, similarly
          distracted with eating/cell phones/etc. only nearly kill someone. I can't count
          the times I've had close calls with (idiot?) drivers who are busy doing
          something else when they should be devoting 110% of their attention to driving.
          Driving, as everyone knows, is something that can have lethal consequences for
          other users of the street. What should be done about/to those that choose to
          pay only partial attention this serious activity, putting everyone around them
          in harm's way?

          todd