Re: Possible photo of local intruder - (he is the bell ringer guy i saw)

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
      He walked past me today at he alleyway of Schubert and Spaulding so I turned around and followed him. I got to Schubert and Monticello but when he turned right at the corner I lost him. He must have gone into one of the first couple of houses at on the right side of Monticello.
      There is a cross walk officer at the corner of Schubert and Central Park. I pulled up the flyer on my phone and showed it to her. She agreed that the man in the pick was the same man who walked past. She gave me some details. He walks from the blue line to the Monticello and Schubert everyday to pick up his girlfriend and then walks with her back to the train station. He has a tattoo on his neck. She doesn't know his name.
      She called for Officer Pagan to come out. When he arrived I gave him the information and emailed him a copy of the flyer. I told him I didn't know where the breakins had occurred but thought they had been east of Kimball. I'm sorry for passing along bad info about that.
      Officer Pagan said that he would wait for the man to come back out and then ask him for ID and run it. If he had "anything" he could keep the guy but all he could really do is ask questions.

      He was wearing the same outfit, long white shirt and jeans, his long hair was pulled back in a ponytail exactly the same way exactly as it is in the picture.

      Jennifer

    • acityscape@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
        Can some one post the photo as an attachment?

        Eric Hudson
        Cortland & Drake

        He walked past me today at he alleyway of Schubert and Spaulding so I turned around and followed him. I got to Schubert and Monticello but when he turned right at the corner I lost him. He must have gone into one of the first couple of houses at on the right side of Monticello.
        There is a cross walk officer at the corner of Schubert and Central Park. I pulled up the flyer on my phone and showed it to her. She agreed that the man in the pick was the same man who walked past. She gave me some details. He walks from the blue line to the Monticello and Schubert everyday to pick up his girlfriend and then walks with her back to the train station. He has a tattoo on his neck. She doesn't know his name.
        She called for Officer Pagan to come out. When he arrived I gave him the information and emailed him a copy of the flyer. I told him I didn't know where the breakins had occurred but thought they had been east of Kimball. I'm sorry for passing along bad info about that.
        Officer Pagan said that he would wait for the man to come back out and then ask him for ID and run it. If he had "anything" he could keep the guy but all he could really do is ask questions.

        He was wearing the same outfit, long white shirt and jeans, his long hair was pulled back in a ponytail exactly the same way exactly as it is in the picture.

        Jennifer

        --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "rsteele17" <rsteele17@...> wrote:

        > I'll ask around my block who may have made this flyer and find out what steps they have taken regarding the authorities. I'll let you know what happens. Maybe you would be able to corroborate their story and any other info on this guy.
        >

        > --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "grj.2007" <grj2000@> wrote:
        > >
        > > yes!
        > >
        > > that is a photo of the young man that that was seen ringing doorbells of "the wrong houses," who i wrote about on 5/28.
        > >
        > > "... down around cali/logan a young blond or brn haired man recently was ringing doorbells at night. thin build, thin face. early 20s. bolted fast when seen from inside. dark out, but time unk."
        > >
        > > it is a good enough side shot of his face that i recognized him immediately.
        > >
        > > now, what he's up to I do not know. but his conduct was very suspicious given the m.o. being used in the area and its similarity to what he was doing and the fact that he ran like the wind when he saw someone inside looking back at him.

        > > --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "rsteele17" <rsteele17@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I've been following the messages about the neighborhood break-ins. I received a flyer in my mailbox over the weekend with a photo of the possible suspect. I've posted the scan/PDF of the flyer to the FILES section of this blog, titled NeighborhoodNotice.pdf. I live on Drummond Pl between St Louis snd Kimbball.
        > > >
        > > > Does this guy look familiar to anyone?
        > > >
        > > > -Rachel

      • frankiek12
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
          Could you send the picture to my yahoo email address? My husband described him and we think we know the specific address where he goes to. Does he have any visible tattoos?

          --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, acityscape@... wrote:

          > Can some one post the photo as an attachment?
          >

          > Eric Hudson
          > Cortland & Drake

        • Jen
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2010
            On the left side click Attachments, then scroll down to NeighborhoodNotice.pdf.

            Jennifer

            --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "frankiek12" <frankiek12@...> wrote:

            > Could you send the picture to my yahoo email address? My husband described him and we think we know the specific address where he goes to. Does he have any visible tattoos?

          • rsteele17
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 4, 2010
              Wow, Jennifer..please be careful. I admire your fearlessness, but we have no idea who this guy really is. I've since seen the same flyer that I posted laying on the street on Drummond Pl. near Unity Park. And again, I have no idea who has been passing them out. But who knows what this guy will do if cornered...

              --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <jmlong.rm@...> wrote:

              > He walked past me today at he alleyway of Schubert and Spaulding so I turned around and followed him. I got to Schubert and Monticello but when he turned right at the corner I lost him. He must have gone into one of the first couple of houses at on the right side of Monticello.
              > There is a cross walk officer at the corner of Schubert and Central Park. I pulled up the flyer on my phone and showed it to her. She agreed that the man in the pick was the same man who walked past. She gave me some details. He walks from the blue line to the Monticello and Schubert everyday to pick up his girlfriend and then walks with her back to the train station. He has a tattoo on his neck. She doesn't know his name.
              > She called for Officer Pagan to come out. When he arrived I gave him the information and emailed him a copy of the flyer. I told him I didn't know where the breakins had occurred but thought they had been east of Kimball. I'm sorry for passing along bad info about that.
              > Officer Pagan said that he would wait for the man to come back out and then ask him for ID and run it. If he had "anything" he could keep the guy but all he could really do is ask questions.
              >
              > He was wearing the same outfit, long white shirt and jeans, his long hair was pulled back in a ponytail exactly the same way exactly as it is in the picture.
              >
              > Jennifer
              >
              > --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "rsteele17" <rsteele17@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'll ask around my block who may have made this flyer and find out what steps they have taken regarding the authorities. I'll let you know what happens. Maybe you would be able to corroborate their story and any other info on this guy.
              > >

              > > --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "grj.2007" <grj2000@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > yes!
              > > >
              > > > that is a photo of the young man that that was seen ringing doorbells of "the wrong houses," who i wrote about on 5/28.
              > > >
              > > > "... down around cali/logan a young blond or brn haired man recently was ringing doorbells at night. thin build, thin face. early 20s. bolted fast when seen from inside. dark out, but time unk."
              > > >
              > > > it is a good enough side shot of his face that i recognized him immediately.
              > > >
              > > > now, what he's up to I do not know. but his conduct was very suspicious given the m.o. being used in the area and its similarity to what he was doing and the fact that he ran like the wind when he saw someone inside looking back at him.

            • Mike Kozenko
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 5, 2010
                Agreed...this was excellent work. I will keep my eyes open and I told my tenants.

                M. Kozenko
                2054 N. Whipple Chicago, Il 60647
                Ph.: 773 401-4040/Fax: 773 276-0797

                Wow, Jennifer..please be careful. I admire your fearlessness, but we have no idea who this guy really is. I've since seen the same flyer that I posted laying on the street on Drummond Pl. near Unity Park. And again, I have no idea who has been passing them out. But who knows what this guy will do if cornered...

                --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <jmlong.rm@...> wrote:

                > He walked past me today at he alleyway of Schubert and Spaulding so I turned around and followed him. I got to Schubert and Monticello but when he turned right at the corner I lost him. He must have gone into one of the first couple of houses at on the right side of Monticello.
                > There is a cross walk officer at the corner of Schubert and Central Park. I pulled up the flyer on my phone and showed it to her. She agreed that the man in the pick was the same man who walked past. She gave me some details. He walks from the blue line to the Monticello and Schubert everyday to pick up his girlfriend and then walks with her back to the train station. He has a tattoo on his neck. She doesn't know his name.
                > She called for Officer Pagan to come out. When he arrived I gave him the information and emailed him a copy of the flyer. I told him I didn't know where the breakins had occurred but thought they had been east of Kimball. I'm sorry for passing along bad info about that.
                > Officer Pagan said that he would wait for the man to come back out and then ask him for ID and run it. If he had "anything" he could keep the guy but all he could really do is ask questions.
                >
                > He was wearing the same outfit, long white shirt and jeans, his long hair was pulled back in a ponytail exactly the same way exactly as it is in the picture.
                >
                > Jennifer
                >
                > --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "rsteele17" <rsteele17@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'll ask around my block who may have made this flyer and find out what steps they have taken regarding the authorities. I'll let you know what happens. Maybe you would be able to corroborate their story and any other info on this guy.
                > >

                > > --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "grj.2007" <grj2000@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > yes!
                > > >
                > > > that is a photo of the young man that that was seen ringing doorbells of "the wrong houses," who i wrote about on 5/28.
                > > >
                > > > "... down around cali/logan a young blond or brn haired man recently was ringing doorbells at night. thin build, thin face. early 20s. bolted fast when seen from inside. dark out, but time unk."
                > > >
                > > > it is a good enough side shot of his face that i recognized him immediately.
                > > >
                > > > now, what he's up to I do not know. but his conduct was very suspicious given the m.o. being used in the area and its similarity to what he was doing and the fact that he ran like the wind when he saw someone inside looking back at him.

              • frankiek12
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 5, 2010
                  i have not see the flyer posted at unity park. however, i want to comment that maybe it will be a good idea to continue to share the information on with the LS group and not post his pics in public yet. he is around all the time- i see him and know exactly the house he goes to to pick up his girlfriend. which by the way had a tattoo on her left arm close to the shoulder. (tattoo= letters, blue greenish color) he was around last night--real late. she arrived to her home today with a bruise on the head. anyway, those are minor details but i mention this because on an early post, maybe late may early june, someone said that they had seen a girl (after the guy did it) ringing a bell and asking for a person who did not leave at that address. so i thought she may have something to do with that-again maybe not. in any case if he is alerted that he is being watch little will be able to be done as he will be more careful. but the idea of posting online is great. i doubt he reads the listserv.:)

                  --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "rsteele17" <rsteele17@...> wrote:

                  > Wow, Jennifer..please be careful. I admire your fearlessness, but we have no idea who this guy really is. I've since seen the same flyer that I posted laying on the street on Drummond Pl. near Unity Park. And again, I have no idea who has been passing them out. But who knows what this guy will do if cornered...
                  >

                  > --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <jmlong.rm@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > He walked past me today at he alleyway of Schubert and Spaulding so I turned around and followed him. I got to Schubert and Monticello but when he turned right at the corner I lost him. He must have gone into one of the first couple of houses at on the right side of Monticello.
                  > > There is a cross walk officer at the corner of Schubert and Central Park. I pulled up the flyer on my phone and showed it to her. She agreed that the man in the pick was the same man who walked past. She gave me some details. He walks from the blue line to the Monticello and Schubert everyday to pick up his girlfriend and then walks with her back to the train station. He has a tattoo on his neck. She doesn't know his name.
                  > > She called for Officer Pagan to come out. When he arrived I gave him the information and emailed him a copy of the flyer. I told him I didn't know where the breakins had occurred but thought they had been east of Kimball. I'm sorry for passing along bad info about that.
                  > > Officer Pagan said that he would wait for the man to come back out and then ask him for ID and run it. If he had "anything" he could keep the guy but all he could really do is ask questions.
                  > >
                  > > He was wearing the same outfit, long white shirt and jeans, his long hair was pulled back in a ponytail exactly the same way exactly as it is in the picture.
                  > >
                  > > Jennifer
                  > >
                  > > --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "rsteele17" <rsteele17@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I'll ask around my block who may have made this flyer and find out what steps they have taken regarding the authorities. I'll let you know what happens. Maybe you would be able to corroborate their story and any other info on this guy.

                • rsteele17
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 6, 2010
                    The flyer wasn't posted at the park but was lying on the sidewalk outside of the gate/fenceline. It must have fallen out of someone else's mailbox or someone "missed" their garbage can.