Re: [LoganSquare] Re: REY - ARE YOU GETTING THIS? burglaries, 36 in last 3 mo in beat 1413 alone

  • rey_colon@msn.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 3, 2010
      Some people have called me that too.

      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      From: Mike Kozenko <kozenkomike@...>
      Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:44:14 -0700 (PDT)
      To: <LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [LoganSquare] Re: REY - ARE YOU GETTING THIS? burglaries, 36 in last 3 mo in beat 1413 alone

      You're right, I agree and I was pissed off.

      However, I took steps to try to improve the situation. I talked to Bickerdike (Andy Soto-I believe) and I talked to Alderman Colon.

      They said they would do what they could to improve the situation and I can honestly say they did more than I could have asked for.

      I have absolutely no complaints and I have to be fair. Alderman Colon and Soto did a tremendous job!!

      I just wish Alderman Colon were a Republican :).

      M. Kozenko
      2054 N. Whipple Chicago, Il 60647
      Ph.: 773 401-4040/Fax: 773 276-0797

      From: markraulston <mark.raulston@ sbcglobal. net>
      To: LoganSquare@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 3:18 PM

      more burglaries and info:

      (from my neighbor today:)

      "I spoke with the folks on Kimball / Altgeld and they got completely wiped out Saturday, from basement to attic. They were only gone a couple hours... On top of it, their son is a Sheriff and the crooks stole his uniforms, bullet proof vests, badge, etc. (but he did not leave his gun at home). The descriptions of suspects based upon their operations fit the descriptions below."

      hey, quick crime alert while i'm at it. we've had a *lot* of burglaries in the last few weeks on our street and adjacent streets. be on your toes.

      this is a post to our yahoo group list:

      "if anyone sees the two or three teenagers as described in another post (or two?) let me know asap. i can get a really good picture from quite a distance with a zoom lens, than distribute it to the group and our beat officers. [3 hispanic teens on bikes, around 16 yrs old or so, jumping on garbage cans in alleys and looking at people's back yards]

      i just checked the CPD's clearpath crime info website. our beat is #1 in the area for burglaries, with 36 in the last 3 months. 5 of the top 11 are immediately adjacent/touching our beat border. (this is for the 16 nearby beats, centered on 1413, which is our beat.

      we're way down at 7th in violent crimes at a mere 27. comforting, isn't it?

      http://gis.chicagop olice.org/ website/clearMap _crime_sums/ viewer.htm? SUMTYPE=DIST&SUMCATA=N05&SUMTIME=90

      if this doesn't work, try:

      http://gis.chicagop olice.org/ CLEARMap_ crime_sums/ startPage. htm#"

      --- In LoganSquare@ yahoogroups. com, "grj.2007" <grj2000@...> wrote:

      > According to the Sunday Trib:
      >
      > "About 8:10 p.m. in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue in the Logan Square neighborhood, a 47-year-old man was shot in his arm. Police said the shooting might have been a drive-by. The victim was taken to Norwegian-American Hospital and is now listed in good condition."
      >
      > that's 8:10 p.m., people. how many families and children are RIGHT THERE at that hour on a fri, sat, sun night?
      >
      > now the scum bangers are doing drive bys out in the open on milw. ave. on saturday evenings???
      >
      > and the police are where?
      >
      > in all, there were 21 shootings fri-sun morning across the city.
      >
      > and the police are where?
      >
      > REY - ARE YOU GETTING THIS? break-ins/thefts/ property damage all over your ward. brazen drive bys on crowded commercial streets. more gang goon graffiti in the area than in 10 years? WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO HAUL WEIS IN FRONT OF THE COUNCIL AND MAKE HIM PUT THE LEATHER ON OUR STREETS?!
      >
      > once, back in the 90s, the state police found themselves embarrassed in newsprint for days and days when it was revealed that on some shifts they had one lone patrol car on the entire chgo expressway and tollway system. on some day shifts, there were NO cars on patrol. that is fact.

      > REY - ARE YOU GETTING THIS?
      >
      > why is the city still spending million and millions and millions of dollars to plant flowers in millennium/grant parks and up and down every downtown streets and lamp post, and across the city when the CPD is 700 officers short?
      >
      > what are the priorities? flowers over safety? christy webber contracts instead of more sworn police officers?

    • Cathy O
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2010
        Hello Everyone:
        I understand what your saying, we ( my neighbor,an I) can still see each other, where our gates meet, is like 3ft. before we even get to our back porches, we talk to each other over the porches, she's elderly an has a hard time getting around, so I gave her my #, an I have hers, so I call, an check on her all the time. I am putting the fence up, I couldn't forgive myself if something happened to her. We help clean her front yard, so it looks like "people are there", an she can't do it herself. ( plus I like nice an clean yards) lol.
        As for your comment about being outside, letting "others" know there's someone here........I totally agree, I live on the 2nd fl., an my daughter lives on the first, theres so much in an out here, plus we babysit in the day time. an your right, if more people came out, we just might make some new friends......sounds good to me.
        thanks an have a safe day..... Cathy O