Re: [LoganSquare] Lock Vandalism

  • Mike Kozenko
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2009
      Yes....same type of incident with me.

      M. Kozenko/TYKE L.L.C.
      2054 N. Whipple Chicago, Il 60647
      Ph.: 773 401-4040/Fax: 773 276-0797

      --- On Sat, 2/28/09, jennydran@... <jennydran@...> wrote:
      From: jennydran@... <jennydran@...>
      Subject: Re: [LoganSquare] Lock Vandalism
      To: LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, February 28, 2009, 3:35 PM

      I haven't heard about it. But I think it's happened to our condo building. Both the front and the back?gate locks are stuck and won't open when we use our keys.
      We thought it was weather-related as that happens sometimes, but this makes sense.

      We live in Logan as well...
    • urbanchords
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
        Dear Neighbors,

        Your locks are frozen. The other day we had driving downpour of rain,
        forcing water to places it shouldn't go. It then froze. A minute
        amount of water got to the mechanisms of the lock, then it froze
        things up. It happened to my back door to my house in the
        neighborhood, it happened at work in the South Loop.

        If you even go to Home Depot on Elston, they have ran out of lock
        de-icer due to the demand. (And they won't restock as it is a seasonal
        item.)

        Please, do not spread this paranoia. Trust, and believe, in your
        neighbors.

        Sincerely,
        Drew D.

      • c_kruschke@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
          No, but our front gate and garage locks wore frozen a couple of days ago. It feels like glue especially if u can get your key in and it just won't turn but a few minutes with the torch fixed it right up.
          Cintia

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2009
            I don't know what happened to your locks, however, I can vouch that
            many, many lockboxes are frozen.

            What I do is use hot water to melt the ice, open it, then WD40 the
            locks as a precautionary measure.

            Good luck!

            Dulce

            --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "urbanchords" <urbanchords@...>