Mystery black cat on Central Park/Belden.

  • Carrie
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      A black medium haired cat has been trying its darndest to adopt us,
      taking to living on our front porch and bolting into our house if we
      let down our guard for a second. It has been really hard not to let
      him stay, especially on the subzero days we've had.

      He's got a green collar with a bell on it and is very friendly so I
      assume he's got a home somewhere. He's also very thin (you can
      distinctly feel his ribs and backbone) and is, um, unaltered. As he's
      a red-blooded tomcat, he's taken to spraying the front of our house, a
      smell both overwhelmingly icky and one that is now attracting other
      feral cats. (No, we don't have a cat in heat inside.)

      First of all, does he belong to any of you? I don't want to feed him
      and encourage him to stay, cute as he is, if he's getting care
      somewhere else.

      Second of all, and this is more a general question to the listserv--I
      am kind of disturbed he's got his man parts intact and have half a
      mind to whisk him down to PAWS for a quick snip but my husband says we
      can't do that to someone else's cat. I think it's bad news that this
      fuzzy Lothario could be fathering litters of kittens out there, and
      think it's the responsible thing to do, even if he's not our cat. What
      do you think?

      So, is he yours? If so, please get him neutered! It's really cheap
      through PAWS. And you might want to feed him a bit more. And keep him
      inside if it's below zero! Mr. Puffington may have a fluffy coat, but
      it's not enough during the cold snaps.

      Thanks for the ramble,

      Carrie (junior crazy cat lady)