Re: New Restaurant

  • marcycl
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 31, 2008
      I had dinner at Kayla's tonight -- my pasta was very tasty!

      Claire

      --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, jennydran@... wrote:

      > I agree, we went there a few weeks back when some friends were in
      town and we all enjoyed our meals.
      > Very nice place, we'll be back!!!

    • Mary
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 24, 2011
        A new Mexican restaurant is due to open around May 1.  It's on the corner of Armitage & Richmond where the former vegan carry-out restaurant was--across the street from Foodsmart.
      • robcast1012@aol.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 25, 2011
          The folks behind JAM are busy readying an outpost in Logan Square. Rumor has it opening Late Spring/Early Summer.
          CANT WAIT!!!!

          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 25, 2011
            What's JAM??? I never heard of it.

            I'm excited but not sure why....tell us more please.

            Dulce
          • Cintia
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 26, 2011
              I think of it as fancy brunch, but i think they also serve dinner...portions waaaay too small. They have a location on Damen just south of Augusta. Personally, i prefer Lula's a thousand times :)
              I just read theres another restaurant opening on the corner spot behind Ciao Pizza where Quantom Apartments used to be. It's going to be a great summer for dining out!

              Cintia

            • robcast1012@aol.com
              Message 6 of 26 , Apr 26, 2011
                Amazing breakast food. They are at 927 N Damen.
                Check them out at: www.jamrestaurant.com

                I'm excited but not sure why....tell us more please.

                Dulce
              • semicircle66
                Message 7 of 26 , Apr 27, 2011
                  Actually I thought the portion sizes at Jam on Damen are the perfect size - but I'm not a big eater :) I'm wondering if the new Logan Square location of Webster's Wine Bar will land in that corner spot on Milw/Logan Blvd. Supposed to open this summer.

                  You wouldn't know we've been in a recession around LS with all the new businesses!

                  -Anne

                  --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, Cintia <c_kruschke@...> wrote:

                  > I think of it as fancy brunch, but i think they also serve dinner...portions waaaay too small. They have a location on Damen just south of Augusta. Personally, i prefer Lula's a thousand times :)
                  > I just read theres another restaurant opening on the corner spot behind Ciao Pizza where Quantom Apartments used to be. It's going to be a great summer for dining out!
                  >
                  > Cintia
                  >

                  > On Apr 25, 2011, at 9:18 PM, imboricua@... wrote:
                  >
                  > > What's JAM??? I never heard of it.
                  > >
                  > > I'm excited but not sure why....tell us more please.
                  > >
                  > > Dulce

                • Jim Krok
                  Message 8 of 26 , Apr 27, 2011
                    Yes, it looks like the "still-unnamed" restaurant at Milwaukee & Logan Blvd
                    will be from the group behind Webster Wine Bar & The Bluebird. There's more
                    info here.
                    http://chicago.eater.com/archives/2011/04/18/websters-wine-bar-team-opening-smith-with-former-avec-chef-john-anderes.php

                    Also, Metromix keeps a pretty good list of new spots (restaurants/bars)
                    opening in the city. They currently have 3 Logan square spots listed.
                    Danzon Latino (April 29, 2715 N. Milwaukee Ave.), Jam (June 1), Masa Azul
                    (Mid-June, 2901 W. Diversey Ave)
                    http://chicago.metromix.com/restaurants/article/the-countdown/691973/content

                    Regards,
                    --jim