St. Luke's - Logan Square: Hidden Treasures

  • Rev. Erik Christensen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2007
      Dear Neighbors;

      A heads up to the secret dumpster divers out there: St. Luke's will be
      cleaning out our historic 1907 church building in preparation for next
      weekend's "Logan Square House & Garden Walk." If you come to the alley
      behind the church tomorrow afternoon between 1pm and 4pm you may find
      any number of hidden treasures that we'll be parting with for a
      negotiated fee: 60's style school desks, children's chairs, lumber,
      solid wood desks... who knows what else will be in the mix? Come and
      make us an offer. Your donation moves the merchandise one day earlier
      than the dumpster, and contributes to the rennovation of the building!

      St. Luke's Lutheran Church of Logan Square

      2649 N. Francisco Ave.

      Intersection of N. Francisco and W. Schubert.
    • Amanda Lichtenstein
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
        hi erik!
        i went out to the alley...nothing there...is the stuff already gone? i'm really interested in the wood desks and am willing to pay for a good desk. anyway you could put one aside for me? i can come by and check it out another. time. i was there just now and nothing was around. let me know! thanks, amanda

        alichtenstein@...
        773.263.7517

        "Language colonizes; it pronounces us found. It calls us back from the exile of individuated experience." -- Robert Mauksch

        > To: LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com
        > From: erikchristensen@...
        > Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 03:15:48 +0000
        > Subject: [LoganSquare] St. Luke's - Logan Square: Hidden Treasures
        >
        > Dear Neighbors;
        >
        > A heads up to the secret dumpster divers out there: St. Luke's will be
        > cleaning out our historic 1907 church building in preparation for next
        > weekend's "Logan Square House & Garden Walk." If you come to the alley
        > behind the church tomorrow afternoon between 1pm and 4pm you may find
        > any number of hidden treasures that we'll be parting with for a
        > negotiated fee...
      • Jennifer
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2007
          I have a really nice wood desk and matching credenza that you can pick
          up for free! The "catch" is that I'm downtown and you will need to
          have a van and a dolly and some help.

          The desk is an oak color wood and has a water ring on it but is in
          otherwise very good condition.

          I also have a color printer and scanner - Tektronic Phaser 3500, I
          think.

          Please email me if you are interested.

          Jennifer Long

          --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, Amanda Lichtenstein

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2007
            I wasn't prepared for all of the "I have a resale shop and we take..."
            replies. That wasn't the nature of the giving.
            I really thought someone who needed the items would respond. So yes,
            I am giving them away as long as you're not planning on reselling it
            or putting it up on eBay. It would be really nice if it went to
            someone who was going to use it. Thanks!
            Jennifer