Re: Realtor blog on Mega Mall

  • mariadulceramos
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2006
      Building ownership is Public Record.
      You can find out by going to www.cookcountyassessor.com and then do a
      residential search, punch in the address and find out how mucht he
      taxes are and who is the Owner of Record.

      Good luck!

      If anyone knows someone who wants to buy or sell a home, I can help
      them.

      Call Dulce Ramos at 773-719-7100

      Over 16 years experience bringing buyers and sellers together.

      --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, "Digital Joel" <digitaljoel@...>
      wrote:

      > The Mega Mall is one thing everyone sure has an opinion on but what
      about other undeveloped prime buildings in Logan Square. On the 3200
      block of Armitage at Armitage and Kezie, amid all of the new condo
      construction we have had 3 building sit vacant for well over 3 years
      with no movement. They are clearly abandoned. I'd like to see
      someone address those building with a TIFF proposal.

      > Our block club asked Alderman Colon about them this summer. He
      didn't seem to know who they belong to. In all fairness, we haven't
      followed up with him to see what could be done, so please don't
      misunderstand that I'm saying he didn't do anything about them.

      > Turning that corner around would seem to be a critical part of the
      development on Armitage. How do we find out who owns them and get
      something done so that they are not just sitting there decaying? How
      can we find out who owns the buildings?

      > Joel Broussard

    • Fred Klonsky
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2006
        We just got back from a great walk on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. But could someone who has seen the master plan for the street redevelopment on Fullerton between Kimball and Sacramento explain what those things are that are being installed on the end of each planter box. They are gray with wavy tops. They resemble tombstones. All that's missing is the engraving of the date of birth and death of the deceased. And the body, of course.

        -Fred
      • Josh Deth
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
          Those are the bases for tile mosaics, which will bring some life to the
          ends of the planters.

          Josh Deth

          On Oct 1, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Fred Klonsky wrote:

          > We just got back from a great walk on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.
          > But could someone who has seen the master plan for the street
          > redevelopment on Fullerton between Kimball and Sacramento explain what
          > those things are that are being installed on the end of each planter
          > box. They are gray with wavy tops. They resemble tombstones. All
          > that's missing is the engraving of the date of birth and death of the
          > deceased. And the body, of course.
          >
          > -Fred
        • Darrel Wood
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
            I was trying to figure out how those fit into a plan as well....at first glance I thought they were cool, but upon closer inspection, they seem plunked down from outer space....I assume they will make more sense once it's completed.

            Darrel

            Fred Klonsky <fklonsky@...> wrote: We just got back from a great walk on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. But could someone who has seen the master plan for the street redevelopment on Fullerton between Kimball and Sacramento explain what those things are that are being installed on the end of each planter box. They are gray with wavy tops. They resemble tombstones. All that's missing is the engraving of the date of birth and death of the deceased. And the body, of course.

            -Fred
          • Russ E.
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
              You bet! I had hoped they were going to be a nice iron panel. The tombstones are atrocious.

              Russ

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
                We noticed the same things. They look like empty graves! Just in
                time for Halloween.
                I remember seeing the artist rendering on a flyer that was on our
                door of what the project will look like when it's done, but I don't
                remember the tombstones. Hopefully the project will be completed
                soon. I'm guessing that they will become flower beds. If they do,
                who will maintain them? Businesses, community, individuals?
                YEAH! For the new benches, all the new garbage cans and additional
                lighting going up along the street.
                BOOO! For the number of times they are going to put in and then
                tear out the end of the sidewalk ramps. What's up with that?
                Jennifer

                --- In LoganSquare@yahoogroups.com, Fred Klonsky <fklonsky@...>
                wrote:

                > We just got back from a great walk on a beautiful Sunday
                afternoon. But could someone who has seen the master plan for the
                street redevelopment on Fullerton between Kimball and Sacramento
                explain what those things are that are being installed on the end of
                each planter box. They are gray with wavy tops. They resemble
                tombstones. All that's missing is the engraving of the date of birth
                and death of the deceased. And the body, of course.

                > -Fred

              • Fred Klonsky
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
                  Thanks for the update Josh.
                  Mosaics? OK. I'll hope for the best.
                  -Fred

                  On Monday, October 02, 2006, at 05:18PM, Josh Deth <joshdeth@...> wrote:

                  ><<Original Attached>>
                • Darrel Wood
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
                    It never ceases to amaze me at how often parts of a streetscaping plan get poured and then torn out and redone......I always wonder why someone hasn't made it clear what the specifications need to be before the concrete is poured....and it's not just in Chicago......
                    I believe in this instance it is because the ramps were made too short and so the pitch is too steep (those of us who are not in wheelchairs or otherwise impaired no doubt have trouble detecting much of a difference, but I bet it's fairly significant).
                    I do like the idea of the mosaics on the "tombstones".....sounds cool.

                    Darrel

                    Jennifer <jmlong.rm@...> wrote: We noticed the same things. They look like empty graves!...