writing/creative process workshop reminder

  • Neil Ellis Orts
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2002
      Neil Ellis Orts, a writer currently living in the Logan Square
      neighborhood, will be conducting a creativity workshop called The Body
      Writes.
      Through simple physical exercises, the participants will explore
      both movement and stillness. From these, the group will do some
      free-writing exercises to see where the body takes them on the page. Orts
      has taken classes in yoga, modern dance, and the Feldenkrais method and,
      drawing on all these, he then melds them with writing exercises from
      Natalie Goldberg and Anne Lamott. The results are often surprising,
      resulting in new raw material for artists of all kinds to draw upon for
      new work. This class will meet every Thursday in September at 7:30pm. It
      is a "drop-in" class so participants need not sign up for every week. The
      cost for each class is $10.00 with student and senior discounts available.
      All workshops will be conducted at Adidam Center, 3301 W.
      Fullerton. For more information, contact Orts at 773-289-3354 or
      neoWrites@....

      Neil Ellis Orts 773/289-3354 Chicago IL
      well I looked at the granite markers; those tributes to finality - to eternity
      and then I looked at myself here; chicken scratching for my immortality
      -Joni Mitchell