Re: Are you interested about audio track of LR-OL ?

  • billbrogo
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2011
      Hello, New to group and a Lode runner fan. I was wondering where I could fine the image for the wav files for the audio track for lode runner, The legend returns as you have?

      Thanks
      Bill

      --- In LodeRunner@yahoogroups.com, "marcus25082003" <marc.jourdanet@...> wrote:

      > ... cos' I've just downloaded the CD image !
      > I've extracted the 38 audio track (in .wav format : ~ 595 Mb !!!)
      > I think it could be great to encode them in mp3 and share them.
      >
      > Tell me ...

    • damian andrade
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 31, 2011
        @marcus by OL.. you mean, Online right? Mad Monks' Revenge? That would be a nice addition.
        @billbrogo I would also like is the MIDI files from The Legend Returns ripped to MP3. There is no image for that game (unless you mean JUST the game disc image) because that game didn't use CD audio, it used MIDI. Some converters I tried once didn't sound quite right, I know the tunes very well. Maybe I can just play and record them with Audacity or something. I'll play them through the old computer :)

        Hello, New to group and a Lode runner fan. I was wondering where I could fine the image for the wav files for the audio track for lode runner, The legend returns as you have?

        Thanks
        Bill

        --- In LodeRunner@yahoogroups.com, "marcus25082003" <marc.jourdanet@...> wrote:

        > ... cos' I've just downloaded the CD image !
        > I've extracted the 38 audio track (in .wav format : ~ 595 Mb !!!)
        > I think it could be great to encode them in mp3 and share them.
        >
        > Tell me ...

      • Julian Marchant
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 31, 2011
          The thing about MIDI is it sounds different depending on the software reading it, so it's impossible to tell exactly how it was intended to sound. How I remember and like it is with an old version of Windows Media Player (called Microsoft Media Player back then) and we still have the PC that has it. Maybe I'll see some time if I can record it.

          @billbrogo I would also like is the MIDI files from The Legend Returns ripped to MP3. There is no image for that game (unless you mean JUST the game disc image) because that game didn't use CD audio, it used MIDI. Some converters I tried once didn't sound quite right, I know the tunes very well. Maybe I can just play and record them with Audacity or something. I'll play them through the old computer :)

          Hello, New to group and a Lode runner fan. I was wondering where I could fine the image for the wav files for the audio track for lode runner, The legend returns as you have?

          Thanks
          Bill

          --- In LodeRunner@yahoogroups.com, "marcus25082003" <marc.jourdanet@...> wrote:

          > ... cos' I've just downloaded the CD image !
          > I've extracted the 38 audio track (in .wav format : ~ 595 Mb !!!)
          > I think it could be great to encode them in mp3 and share them.
          >
          > Tell me ...

        • jplt51
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2012
            Also depends on what soundbank you have loaded. The Microsoft MIDI driver has changed between versions of Windows, also anyone with a Sound Blaster Live! or newer had the ability to use "Sound Fonts" which was a fancy name for high quality wave tables to be used by the Creative Labs MIDI driver. I'll have to dig, but I may have disk images of Windows 3.11 and can install that in DosBox or something, then load TLR in there and capture the MIDI playback from that.

            --- In LodeRunner@yahoogroups.com, Julian Marchant <onpon4@...> wrote:

            > The thing about MIDI is it sounds different depending on the software reading it, so it's impossible to tell exactly how it was intended to sound. How I remember and like it is with an old version of Windows Media Player (called Microsoft Media Player back then) and we still have the PC that has it. Maybe I'll see some time if I can record it.

          • billbrogo
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 3, 2012
              My bad, Lode Runner Online, but I seen a LTR cd version with the wav files. It was not LRO. But I found a copy of LRO iso to make a cd. It worked but I am wondering is there a way to copy it all from the cd to your disk then link or fool it to think its running the cd? I did that before for a old game in windows 2000 but is it possible to do in XP for LRO? I was also thinking the sound is prob a oddball format on the cd for LRO. There has to be a program that converts it if the files are there and compressed on the cd to a wav file. Any ideas?

              --- In LodeRunner@yahoogroups.com, Julian Marchant <onpon4@...> wrote:

              > The thing about MIDI is it sounds different depending on the software reading it, so it's impossible to tell exactly how it was intended to sound. How I remember and like it is with an old version of Windows Media Player (called Microsoft Media Player back then) and we still have the PC that has it. Maybe I'll see some time if I can record it.

            • jplt51
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                If you have a LRO ISO file (or BIN/CUE sheet), you should either be able to burn it to a disc and then rip tracks 2-39 as regular wave then encode as you please, or mount it using something like Virtual Clone Drive and do the same as if it was a real disc. Well, maybe not VCD as it seems to not support multi-track files. MagicISO maybe.

                The audio format for LRO is bog-standard Redbook audio.

                If you're asking about bypassing autoplay, just hold down SHIFT while the disc spins up and that should stop Windows from trying to run the disc.

                I know there was a TLR re-release on CD, but I don't think it had Redbook audio, just the same MIDI as the diskette release. I can't find any confirmation one way or the other.

                --- In LodeRunner@yahoogroups.com, "billbrogo" <billbrogo@...> wrote:

                > My bad, Lode Runner Online, but I seen a LTR cd version with the wav files. It was not LRO. But I found a copy of LRO iso to make a cd. It worked but I am wondering is there a way to copy it all from the cd to your disk then link or fool it to think its running the cd? I did that before for a old game in windows 2000 but is it possible to do in XP for LRO? I was also thinking the sound is prob a oddball format on the cd for LRO. There has to be a program that converts it if the files are there and compressed on the cd to a wav file. Any ideas?
                >
                > --- In LodeRunner@yahoogroups.com, Julian Marchant <onpon4@> wrote:
                > >
                > > The thing about MIDI is it sounds different depending on the software reading it, so it's impossible to tell exactly how it was intended to sound. How I remember and like it is with an old version of Windows Media Player (called Microsoft Media Player back then) and we still have the PC that has it. Maybe I'll see some time if I can record it.

              • damian andrade
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 4, 2012
                  If you mean getting the audio from the LRO disc to work with TLR, then that won't work the way the game is. It's set to play the MIDI files for each world. You could have a disc player open and change the song every time the world changes.. heh. But the sound is regular CD audio like any music CD you buy at the store. You can rip it to WAV, WMA, MP3, in Windows Media Player or whatever other program you have. Track 01 is the data so that's blank if you try to play it in a CD player, the computer I think doesn't recognize it and skips it.. I forget. I know when you rip it it only rips tracks 02-39.