Re: New turbo diesel locost

  • Philippe
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
      Thanks for your good words. In our hobby a long hiatus is not uncommon. Good luck in your build. I have posted more pictures on the link indicated previously.

    • eskoa@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
        I know all about hiatus, I built my Lotus 7 clone over a period of 20 years.

        I don't hold the record, I have a friend who bought a Caterham kit new in 1979

        he is still working on it, occasionally.

        Esko

        Thanks for your good words. In our hobby a long hiatus is not uncommon. Good luck in your build. I have posted more pictures on the link indicated previously.

        --- In Locost_Theory@yahoogroups.com , "Anthony" <antmauriz@...> wrote:

        > I remember when this car was topic of conversation. Nice to see it is finished. I, however am still working on mine after a 2 year hiatus. More pics would be great. I am always interested to see how other people built their car.
        >
        > anthony
        >

        > --- In Locost_Theory@yahoogroups.com , "Philippe" <oneiraca2004@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello Group,
        > > I have now completed my build which departs from the conventional book locost in several ways: all welded steel construction (except the nose cone), side fairing, exhaust in the transmission tunnel, turbo diesel with separate turbo lubricating system.
        > >
        > > Enjoy
        > >

        > > http://picasaweb.google.ca/googbrown/Locost702#5341936160950843714
        > >
        > > Philippe

      • Philippe
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
          Yes, what matters is not the car, it's the process!
          Philippe
          --- In Locost_Theory@yahoogroups.com, eskoa@... wrote:

          > I know all about hiatus, I built my Lotus 7 clone over a period of 20 years.
          >
          > I don't hold the record, I have a friend who bought a Caterham kit new in 1979
          >
          > he is still working on it, occasionally.
          >
          > Esko

        • Amit
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 4, 2009
            hi

            could u post some pics of how you went about with the
            Transmission from my Suzuki Samurai. 5 speed. mated through ACME adaptor.

            will prob help me with my project

            cheers

            --- In Locost_Theory@yahoogroups.com, "Philippe" <oneiraca2004@...> wrote:

            > Hi Dave,
            > The engine is a rebuilt VW 1.9 TD. Code AAZ. A 1993 turbo diesel without computer. I got the fuel injection pump modified to push more fuel and a larger turbo. I believe that this engine produced 145 lbs-ft @2000 rpm.
            >
            > Transmission came from my Suzuki Samurai. 5 speed. mated through ACME adaptor.

          • Philippe
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 8, 2009
              I don't recall taking pictures of the samy transmission being mated to the VW engine. What specifically to you want to see? I am sure that the yahoo diesel samurai forum will have what you want. Or you can visit the ACME web site.
              Good luck.