Troop Carrier/Tactical Airlift

  • SamBlu82@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2006
      Fellow loadmasters and loadmaster vets,

      I haven't said much on this group, but the Troop Carrier/Tactical Airlift Association is now a reality. Details and membership forms are available on the web site at www.airlifthomecoming.com. Although the organization is designed to memorialize the troop carrier/tactical/combat airlift mission, membership is open, as is attendance at the annual reunions. The second one is coming up November 9-13 in Galveston. We will be more than happy to have assistance with the organization of the association. Bill Cannon has already been a huge help, as have a few others.

      FYI, I have posted a number of documents on the site, including a history of the Blind Bat C-130 flare mission as excerpted from the official history of the 374th Tactical Airlift Wing. I have also posted the manuscripts for both my C-130 book and the previously unpublished history of the troop carrier/tactical airlift mission that I have been working on for several years. The final chapter is incomplete, but other than that it should be informative. Feel free to read them on the net or download them, but as they are copyrighted, they may not be posted on other sites without permission. Go the site and click on the Troop Carrier Heritage page and you'll find a number of documents. If you have something you would like to contribute, Email them to me and I'll be happy to upload them.

      Sam McGowan
      779th, 35th, 29th, 773rd TCS/TAS, 58th and 3rd MAS