Today it's official !!!

  • Cliff Groth
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2003
      Hi guy's,
      Most of you don't know me...Today i am officially being retired as a
      C-130 loadmaster. I joined the Air Force in May 1981 and have seen
      the WORLD! I have spent most of my time at Pope AFB in NC...i did
      spend 3 years in the 52 AS at Moody AFB in GA from 94 to 97.
      I got my DD Form 214 this morning and kinda doing some celebrations
      now. A LOT of people say No Hope Pope! BUT i have seen almost every
      country...doing ROTE's...especially 1985 to 1990.
      The Mildenhall rotes, I've been to almost every country you could
      list except Russia and France.
      I have enjoyed Pope AFB NC to the Fullest...and gonna miss it when i
      leave. I am Proud to have served in the Air Force for 22 years, i
      had my going away luncheon last friday and was cool...about 25
      showed. Most of my friends are still deployed overseas now...which i
      kinda hate. But gonna return to Pope AFB this summer to shake there
      hands for a job well done. Because for the next 2 or 3 months i'm
      just gonna be UN-employed!
      Don't wanna waste anymore of your time...except if anyone recognizes
      me e-mail ME!

      Later,
      Cliff Groth
      cliffc130@...
    • FLY
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003
        Cliff,
        Congrats on retirement..Enjoy it as it passes too quickly.They havnt
        missed paying me so much as a dime.The retirement checks just keep
        coming.Love it..I just went over 22 years retired..Best of Luck to
        you.

        --- In Loadmaster@yahoogroups.com, "Cliff Groth" <cliffc130@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi guy's,
        > Most of you don't know me...Today i am officially being retired as
        > C-130 loadmaster. I joined the Air Force in May 1981 and have seen
        > the WORLD! I have spent most of my time at Pope AFB in NC...i did
        > spend 3 years in the 52 AS at Moody AFB in GA from 94 to 97.
        > I got my DD Form 214 this morning and kinda doing some celebrations
        > now. A LOT of people say No Hope Pope! BUT i have seen almost every
        > country...doing ROTE's...especially 1985 to 1990.
        > The Mildenhall rotes, I've been to almost every country you could
        > list except Russia and France.
        > I have enjoyed Pope AFB NC to the Fullest...and gonna miss it when
        > leave. I am Proud to have served in the Air Force for 22 years, i
        > had my going away luncheon last friday and was cool...about 25
        > showed. Most of my friends are still deployed overseas now...which
        > kinda hate. But gonna return to Pope AFB this summer to shake there
        > hands for a job well done. Because for the next 2 or 3 months i'm
        > just gonna be UN-employed!
        > Don't wanna waste anymore of your time...except if anyone
        recognizes
        > me e-mail ME!
        >
        > Later,
        > Cliff Groth
        > cliffc130@y...
      • Cliff Groth
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2003
          FLY Thx,
          gonna miss the mighty Herk! got almost 6000 hours in
          it...i gotta admit it's by far the BEST aircraft to do
          the dirty work. By that i mean it lands in 100+ temps
          in the sands of the dessert and the C-130 loadmaster
          works there butt off...i have been there.
          also gonna miss the flying overseas...i have seen the
          world...only 2 places i haven't been is Russia and
          France.
          I will never forget that dog at Sinop in
          Turkey...where the C-130 crews would feed him pudding
          cups!
          That hound would chase the C-130's into parking and
          after opening the ramp & door it would run onboard and
          litterally still my pudding cup!
          Take Care,
          Cliff

          http://search.yahoo.com