LOADMASTER PASSES AWAY (JOE CASTANEDA)

  • Walt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013
      LOADMASTER PASSES AWAY SUDDENLY 30 June 2013. (JOE CASTANEDA)
      I talked to Joes wife Carolyn and she wants to keep the
      funeral low key. Feel free to attend the funeral but there will be no reception.
      It will be at Mt View cemetery in Lakewood Washington this Friday 5 July at 11:30 AM.
      There will be a Memorial Reception later in the summer. (Not a Celebration of Life).

      Joe Castaneda was 69 years old and was born in LONDON ENGLAND. His father married a lady from Vienna while stationed there during the Blitz.
      Joe died from a massive heart attack on his front lawn in Oakbrook WA. Sunday 30 June 2013.
      He was married to Carolyn for 42 years.
      Joe was a fine Loadmaster with the 8th MAS at MCChord AFB.
      He was very active with the Professional Loadmaster Assn. A brick will be laid at McChords Memorial Grove in remembrance of Joe in the near future.
    • Richard Russell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013

        Walt:

        I was in your area recently for a Masonic function for a former Shaky FE – good guy and retired Chief as well as FAA. Interesting in that the local 919 C130 unit has converted to C145 (?); yup I asked the dame thing. Only crew is the Load and 2 pilots-!!

        Fly safe & keep up the good work.

        DR

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013
          Doesnt ring a bell. Maybe you are thinking C 17.

          Walt