Cola's

  • flyboy8336@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2011

      WHAT BEAN COUNTER IS TRYING TO DO THIS, I UNDERSTAND NOT GETTING A RAISE BUT TO TAKE AWAY FROM WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE IS DEPLORABLE, HOW DARE THEY EVEN TRY TO COME UP WITH THIS.

      Implications of Changing CPI for COLA Increases

      One measure that is being considered for saving money under spending reforms is to change the basis for COLA increases from the CPI-W to the CPI-U.  The CPI-U is now being called the “chained consumer price index” because it takes into account changes in buying habits when prices rise relative to each other.  A change would mean a decrease in benefit payments of around 0.25 percent.  Not much really but over time could mean hundreds if not thousands less in benefits from Social Security, VA Disability Pay and Military Retired Pay.  This essentially is a tax increase.  We will monitor this situation closely and let you know what the outcome may be.

      THANKS

      Richard J Wadzinski Jr