Gene Beck Online

  • SamBlu82@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2007
      Guys, I just got an Email Gene Beck, who I am sure many of the old-timers knew. Gene was a radio operator before he became a loadmaster at Ardmore in early 1957. He went from there to Japan, then to Donaldson and into C-124s. I knew him when we were in the 58th MAS at Robins in 67-68. After that I think he went to McGuire, then retired as head of the loadmaster school at Altus.

      Gene is now legally blind and I understand he is in a home in Smyrna, Tennessee. I had talked to him by phone a couple of years ago and didn't know he was able to use Email, but apparently he has some kind of set up that allows him to use the computer.

      Gene's Email address is eugene.beck@.... Drop him a note.

      Sam McGowan

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Cliff Groth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2007
        Sam, Thanks for the info on Gene Beck.
        Smyrna is just minutes away from Nashville (my home).
        I wonder if he would like talking to former loadmasters
        or maybe have visits.
        I might shoot off an email to him later.

        Cliff Groth

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007
          In a message dated 6/4/2007 8:57:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time, cliffc130@... writes:
          Sam, Thanks for the info on Gene Beck.
          Smyrna is just minutes away from Nashville (my home).
          I wonder if he would like talking to former loadmasters
          or maybe have visits.
          I might shoot off an email to him later.

          Cliff
          Cliff,

          I would imagine he would. Gene has a son who on one of the police forces, maybe Nashville. Gene was a 30-year man who started out in the late 1940s and the military was his life. He told me he knew a few people around Smyrna.

          Sam

          See what's free at AOL.com.