Recording

  • Babu Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 3, 1999
      Hi all,
      In the middle of recording process suppose,I have to stop the
      recording for some reason. After that i can't record the remaining action.
      Each time i am start recording from the beginning.
      Is there any way to record from the place where i have stopped recording???

      Thanking You
      L.Babu
    • SSylve1445@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 3, 1999
        Not in LoadRunner since every time you record, you have to establish a session with the database. What I do if I need to pause while recording, I simply stop recording without stopping the vugen and do what I have to do and then continue. As long as you do not do anything with the application that you are recording LoadRunner will not capture any of your actions.

        Stephanie
        Initiatives Corporation
      • Jerry McGowan
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 1999
          You can also add a comment when you pause, and another
          when you resume recording. This will make it easier
          to identify any junk that happens to get recorded.

        • jeremie.w.dowdrick@convergys.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 13, 2002
            Have you checked to make sure all the Recording options match your browser.
            Such as Proxy, Location of IE.exe and so on.

            "Marina"
            <zlatkinam@ho To: <loadrunner@yahoogroups.com>
            tmail.com> cc:
            Subject: [LoadRunner] Recording
            06/13/2002
            12:02 PM
            Please
            respond to
            LoadRunner

            Hi,

            I just installed LoadRunner, but am having trouble recording. The problem
            being that LoadRunner won't open up a new IE window. I click Record, type
            in the URL and click OK. LoadRunner just kind of sits there and doesn't do
            anything. The recording options are set so that LoadRunner automatically
            launches a the default browser (IE) during recording. Any ideas?
            I have also tried to manually start the browser. When I record then, I get
            strange proxy errors...

            Thanks,
            Marina

            NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
            intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or
            entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is
            privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic
            mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without
            copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email
            or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be
            corrected.
          • Marina

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 13, 2002
                Well, it's set to use the default browser, so I don't get to edit
                the location of browser in that box. I set the recording proxy
                to 'direct connection to internet'. I had someone who used the
                product in the past look over the options also...

                <loadrunner@y...>
                > tmail.com>
                cc:

                > Subject: [LoadRunner]
                Recording

                06/13/2002

                > 12:02
                PM

                Please

                > respond

                LoadRunner

                > Hi,
                >
                > I just installed LoadRunner, but am having trouble recording. The
                problem
                > being that LoadRunner won't open up a new IE window. I click
                Record, type
                > in the URL and click OK. LoadRunner just kind of sits there and
                doesn't do
                > anything. The recording options are set so that LoadRunner
                automatically
                > launches a the default browser (IE) during recording. Any ideas?
                > I have also tried to manually start the browser. When I record
                then, I get
                > strange proxy errors...
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Marina

                Service.

                > --
                >
                > NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail
                transmission is
                > intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named
                individual or
                > entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is
                > privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this
                electronic
                > mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system
                without
                > copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by
                reply email
                > or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records
                can be
                > corrected.
              • Tim Nichols
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 13, 2002
                  Jeremie,

                  Can you send me that link to the training site you
                  showed me? I only see the certified training partner
                  program and that doesn't look like what I saw.

                  What was Julio's last name? Can you get me his phone
                  number?

                  How did that meeting with Mercury go?

                  Tim

                  http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
                • Edward Dias
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 13, 2002
                    Marina,

                    What version o LR are you running? I know that older versions LR do not
                    support IE6... if you are using an older LR version you'll need to
                    rollback your IE.

                    I'm new here and just started to learn LR... this is the first question I
                    had an answer for :)

                    Edward

                    --- Marina <zlatkinam@...> wrote:
                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > I just installed LoadRunner, but am having trouble recording. The
                    > problem being that LoadRunner won't open up a new IE window. I click
                    > Record, type in the URL and click OK. LoadRunner just kind of sits there
                    > and doesn't do anything. The recording options are set so that
                    > LoadRunner automatically launches a the default browser (IE) during
                    > recording. Any ideas?
                    > I have also tried to manually start the browser. When I record then, I
                    > get strange proxy errors...
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Marina

                    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
                  • Darryl Cording
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 13, 2002
                      Marina,
                       As jeremie has suggested, set the recording options up exactly the same as for your "default browser" settings.
                      If you default browser uses a proxy the set proxy options to "obtain the proxy settings from recording browser".
                      Also your network maybe using NTLM authentication, so in the same recording options tab there is a button with the label "Authentication". You will have to put your username/password in there.
                      Something like this....
                          in the username field:     YOUR_DOMAIN\your_username
                          in the password filed:      your_password_for_the_above_user

                      Hope that helps...
                      Darryl

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 18, 2002
                        I have found some issues with LR 7.5 against IE6, see if you can
                        record with WinSock or Multi Protocol, if all these fail try a web
                        recording manually launch the browser, if this all still fails then
                        call support

                        --- In LoadRunner@y..., Edward Dias <edias2k@y...> wrote:
                        > Marina,
                        >
                        > What version o LR are you running? I know that older versions LR do
                        not
                        > support IE6... if you are using an older LR version you'll need to
                        > rollback your IE.
                        >
                        > I'm new here and just started to learn LR... this is the first
                        question I
                        > had an answer for :)
                        >
                        > Edward
                        >

                        > --- Marina <zlatkinam@h...> wrote:
                        > > Hi,
                        > >
                        > > I just installed LoadRunner, but am having trouble recording. The
                        > > problem being that LoadRunner won't open up a new IE window. I
                        click
                        > > Record, type in the URL and click OK. LoadRunner just kind of
                        sits there
                        > > and doesn't do anything. The recording options are set so that
                        > > LoadRunner automatically launches a the default browser (IE)
                        during
                        > > recording. Any ideas?
                        > > I have also tried to manually start the browser. When I record
                        then, I
                        > > get strange proxy errors...
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > > Marina

                        > http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
                      • Rajat Satender
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                          Hi,

                          Your scenaro is not very much clear in the mail so as to what exactly you
                          are looking for but if you want your scenario to have unique login and
                          password combination while replaying then what you can do is create a common
                          dat file with two columns (for both the parameters i.e login and password).
                          Set the settings of first column(i.e login parameter) as by name (i.e login)
                          and select next row as sequential. For the second column (i.e password) set
                          it by name as password and select next row as same line as the first column
                          (i.e login). This would make the combination unique during each
                          iteration.Ensure that the entire script is in action section and replay for
                          few iterations to confirm.

                          Please feel free to discuss.

                          Regards,
                          Rajat Satender

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                            Hi Everybody,
                            Can anyone of u please send some info about loadrunner in the interview point of view.

                            Thanks in advance,

                            Manohar

                          • junk
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 10, 2003
                              Hi Rajat,
                              dynamic parameter subsititution is not implemented properly , not sure why the same userid is picked for second iteration...so on

                              let explain clearly
                              My scenario goes like this , first user logs in and in home page a textlink with view or edit profile has to be clicked , when the user clicks, it opens another page which contains url with userid some thing like
                              (URL=http://network.monster.com/ProfilePreview.aspx?userid=41934744)
                              i happened to define rules for parameter with left boundary as (userid=) and right boundary as (")quotes and search as body

                              (URL=http://network.monster.com/ProfilePreview.aspx?userid={WCSParam4})

                              After that profilepage with five text links named edit appears. i happened to click on second edit link which opens up forms related company after filling out that form i am logging out.(any no of forms can be added).
                              this is my scenario.
                              each user logs in does fills one company form and logs out.
                              As u specified i created one parameter file with username and password.next row as sequential and update value as iteration for username and same line as username for password.
                              username and password are getting changed each iteration but the userid are remaining same for ex

                              execution log

                              iteration 1

                              Action.c(49): Notify: Next row for parameter password = 1 [table = password].
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "password" = "testTX987"
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "username" = "testTX98749862618"
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "username" = "testTX98749862618"
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Next row for parameter password = 1 [table = password].
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "password" = "testTX987"
                              Action.c(49): web_submit_data was successful, 5471 body bytes, 955 header bytes [MsgId: MMSG-27176]
                              Action.c(72): Registering web_reg_save_param was successful [MsgId: MMSG-27180]
                              Action.c(76): {WCSParam4}
                              Action.c(78): Redirecting "http://network.recruiter.com/login.aspx" (redirection depth=0) [MsgId: MMSG-26694]
                              Action.c(78): To location "http://network.recruiter.com/home.aspx" [MsgId: MMSG-26693]
                              Action.c(78): Notify: Saving Parameter "WCSParam4 = 41934744"
                              Action.c(78): web_submit_data was successful, 42866 body bytes, 1340 header bytes [MsgId: MMSG-27176]
                              Action.c(98): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "WCSParam4" = "41934744"
                              Action.c(98): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "WCSParam4" = "41934744

                              iteration 2
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Next row for parameter password = 2 [table = password].
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "password" = "testSD839"
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "username" = "testSD83959708400"
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "username" = "testSD83959708400"
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Next row for parameter password = 2 [table = password].
                              Action.c(49): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "password" = "testSD839"
                              Action.c(49): web_submit_data was successful, 5471 body bytes, 955 header bytes [MsgId: MMSG-27176]
                              Action.c(72): Registering web_reg_save_param was successful [MsgId: MMSG-27180]
                              Action.c(76): {WCSParam4}
                              Action.c(78): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "WCSParam4" = "41934744"
                              Action.c(78): Redirecting "http://network.recruiter.com/login.aspx" (redirection depth=0) [MsgId: MMSG-26694]
                              Action.c(78): To location "http://network.recruiter.com/home.aspx" [MsgId: MMSG-26693]
                              Action.c(78): Notify: Saving Parameter "WCSParam4 = 41934744"
                              Action.c(78): web_submit_data was successful, 42866 body bytes, 1340 header bytes [MsgId: MMSG-27176]
                              Action.c(98): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "WCSParam4" = "41934744"
                              Action.c(98): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "WCSParam4" = "41934744"
                              Action.c(98): Notify: Parameter Substitution: parameter "WCSParam4" = "41934744"

                              dynamic parameter subsititution is not implemented properly , why the same userid is picked for second iteration.

                              my code looks something like this(recorded in htm with explicit url)

                              #include "as_web.h"

                              Action()
                              {

                              web_set_max_html_param_len("1440");

                              web_reg_save_param("Siebel_Analytic_ViewState2",
                              "LB/IC=ViewState\" value=\"",
                              "RB/IC=\"",
                              "Ord=1",
                              "RelFrameId=1",
                              "Search=Body",
                              LAST);

                              web_url("login.aspx",
                              "URL=http://network.recruiter.com/login.aspx",
                              "TargetFrame=",
                              "Resource=0",
                              "RecContentType=text/html",
                              "Referer=",
                              "Snapshot=t1.inf",
                              "Mode=HTML",
                              EXTRARES,
                              "URL=http://cookie.recruiter.com/DCS000033_3W1N/dcs.gif?dcsuri=/login.aspx&dcsqry=&WT.dcsaut={WCSParam4}&WT.mns_sub=0&dcssip=network.recruiter.com&dcsdat=1071089254015", ENDITEM,
                              LAST);
                              lr_think_time(10);

                              web_submit_data("auth.aspx",
                              "Action=http://nexus.tmp.com:81/auth.aspx",
                              "Method=POST",
                              "TargetFrame=",
                              "RecContentType=text/html",
                              "Referer=http://network.recruiter.com/login.aspx",
                              "Snapshot=t2.inf",
                              "Mode=HTML",
                              ITEMDATA,
                              "Name=NOVIEWSTATE", "Value={Siebel_Analytic_ViewState2}", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=CA_DATA", "Value=1:FU1B0H._qKTZQh2Ziq7G7ukoWmbZFkXBh84gnDRkN5NgjeP6VH7BIk9RqNVyyR2wlufovI8R8YzVEPsQxWZFywg5G9UxzBbMmx._6lWgDHUp17.66FD4TzOp4pbql3B8GynO4BIYsKtWjSBU1cJGtoKeS6cmCzT5FikBhkyyelFvGrToQwKHDtHUQEutsyS43vGcZCaBjgXgARmMXOSVy_c0_l7KoEjFWUIe6EykY1d4uT4mbC3r.ni96owoSDCl045og", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=password", "Value={password}", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=User", "Value={username}", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=setAutoLogin", "Value=false", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=_ctl0:UserName", "Value={username}", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=_ctl0:PassWord", "Value={password}", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=_ctl0:SubmitImage.x", "Value=38", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=_ctl0:SubmitImage.y", "Value=13", ENDITEM,
                              LAST);
                              /* Registering parameter(s) from source task id 13
                              // {WCSParam4} = "41934744"
                              // */
                              web_reg_save_param("WCSParam4",
                              "LB/IC=userid=",
                              "RB/IC=\"",
                              LAST);
                              lr_output_message("{WCSParam4}");
                              web_submit_data("login.aspx_2",
                              "Action=http://network.recruiter.com/login.aspx",
                              "Method=POST",
                              "TargetFrame=",
                              "RecContentType=text/html",
                              "Referer=http://nexus.tmp.com:81/auth.aspx",
                              "Snapshot=t3.inf",
                              "Mode=HTML",
                              ITEMDATA,
                              "Name=CA_PERS", "Value=2:5Eil6N2pvacrN1nXvjgFBXkmlr0SeXdlx.mQbTayVU2inpL4btgBLOZfjm76yU9tsusyA0P.2NsajzK1IMKAAELyuUlDMIT7zGTarm5O1pCMOfhlJMYJ0W6hvu.eBlYyiNrtXVk78wqPi.q3UnGxh2lNCUnb.Cgvdxe7C56bA4kkGfCITCBs2bOwmXekSna_Ul2ZgDuntGvhBz5s_hQn8yu50BH1ln.DqSySXVTAZIw-045og", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=CA_SESS", "Value=2:m8ryBbHr3UH_dk2ndNKXLEmw0K9pw1cvi.RoBlTs8_uKfRwY3xZAqfUJio2xweUkWVUdpjx9RrcFJrQD44CZUuTYzGWN1mdcwdIi8eUJz5mYi2Azp4GlIMHgI3SXe_OFFnc2js3CCHw7yL6VnS4b4A--045og", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=CA_RES", "Value=1:zbRmrlnYRbEiw4ev0P8jgZ24Q3vJ.bfWLJbf7wK2h_WLBnnu9pdlw6DKGbYTAtT8pLM0r8rOO70G9IgZ0ws7zA--045og", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=CA_LOGIN_ERROR", "Value=", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=CA_LOGIN_EXCEPTION", "Value=", ENDITEM,
                              "Name=NEXUS", "Value=1", ENDITEM,
                              EXTRARES,
                              "URL=http://cookie.recruiter.com/DCS000033_3W1N/dcs.gif?dcsuri=/home.aspx&dcsqry=&dcsref=http%3A//nexus.tmp.com%3A81/auth.aspx&WT.dcsaut={WCSParam4}&WT.mns_sub=0&dcssip=network.recruiter.com&dcsdat=1071089270375", "Referer=http://network.recruiter.com/home.aspx", ENDITEM,
                              LAST);
                              lr_think_time(17);
                              web_url("View/Edit Profile",
                              "URL=http://network.recruiter.com/ProfilePreview.aspx?userid={WCSParam4}",
                              "TargetFrame=",
                              "Resource=0",
                              "RecContentType=text/html",
                              "Referer=http://network.recruiter.com/home.aspx",
                              "Snapshot=t4.inf",
                              "Mode=HTML",
                              EXTRARES,
                              "URL=http://cookie.recruiter.com/DCS000033_3W1N/dcs.gif?dcsuri=/ProfilePreview.aspx&dcsqry=%3Fuserid%3D{WCSParam4}&dcsref=http%3A//network.recruiter.com/home.aspx&WT.dcsaut={WCSParam4}&WT.mns_sub=0&dcssip=network.recruiter.com&dcsdat=1071089293156", "Referer=http://network.recruiter.com/ProfilePreview.aspx?userid={WCSParam4}", ENDITEM,
                              LAST);

                              web_url("Edit",
                              "URL=http://network.recruiter.com/ProfileCompanies.aspx",
                              "TargetFrame=",
                              "Resource=0",
                              "RecContentType=text/html",
                              "Referer=http://network.recruiter.com/ProfilePreview.aspx?userid={WCSParam4}",
                              "Snapshot=t5.inf",
                              "Mode=HTML",
                              EXTRARES,
                              "URL=http://cookie.recruiter.com/DCS000033_3W1N/dcs.gif?dcsuri=/ProfileCompanies.aspx&dcsqry=&dcsref=http%3A//network.recruiter.com/ProfilePreview.aspx%3Fuserid%3D{WCSParam4}&WT.dcsaut={WCSParam4}&WT.mns_sub=0&dcssip=network.recruiter.com&dcsdat=1071089300578", ENDITEM,
                              LAST);
                              lr_think_time(22);

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            • suresh kumar
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 10, 2003
                                Hi All,
                                I am new to load runner and i want to know all about the analysing part so if anyone send me the result graphs of a scenario so that i can go thru it...

                                Thanks in advance....
                                bye
                                kumar

                                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                              • suresh kumar
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 10, 2003
                                  Hi All,
                                  I am new to load runner and i want to know all about the analysing part so if anyone send me the result graphs or name of the website which has sample graphs of a scenario...

                                  Thanks in advance....
                                  bye
                                  kumar

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 10, 2003
                                    Hi,

                                    After going through the execution log and the script I have few
                                    observations and suggestions which I would like to mention and could be of
                                    some help to you for finding a solution for the dynamic userid problem.

                                    Observations:-

                                    1. The vaule of the dynamic parameter WCSParam4 is being used before its
                                    registration. What I mean is that in general the registered function(s)
                                    registers the dynamic values first and then the values are used/replaced in
                                    the script, but in your case I can see that the vaule is getting replaced
                                    before the registration function.

                                    2. There are cookies getting registered in your application which might
                                    store the old values.

                                    3. You have used automatic correlation for correlation of dynamic values in
                                    your script.

                                    Suggestins:-

                                    1. Try clearing the cookies in your script. In the beginning of the script
                                    use web_cleanup_cookies() to remove them.

                                    2. You should have a logout transaction(as I assume you have)in your script
                                    as you are logging again in the next iteration and the dynamic userid value
                                    should change.

                                    3. I have faced situations where automatic correlation did not work and
                                    mannually correlated value gave correct results. Try mannually correlating
                                    dynamic userid value in your script.

                                    Regards,
                                    Rajat Satender