How do you trap HTTP ERROR

  • jeremie.w.dowdrick@convergys.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      I want to captuer an error message that may happen and report it back to
      the controler.

      --

      NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
      intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
        Jeremie,
        try web_get_int_property (HTTP_INFO_RETURN_CODE );
        and then use lr_output_message.
        -Anant

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • jeremie.w.dowdrick@convergys.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
          That did not work well it did but did not solve my problem I am getting
          errors of
          : Step Error: Matching link not found
          I think the wrong page or an error is comming back insted of the next page. below is how I coded it. Any help would be very much appricated.

          int HttpRetCode;

          lr_vuser_status_message ("iteration:[%s]", lr_eval_string("{pIteration}"));
          web_url("geecd",
          "URL=http://geecd/",
          "Resource=0",
          "RecContentType=text/html",
          "Snapshot=t1.inf",
          LAST);
          HttpRetCode = web_get_int_property(HTTP_INFO_RETURN_CODE);

          if (HttpRetCode == 201) lr_output_message("Created");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 202) lr_output_message("Accepted");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 204) lr_output_message("No Content");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 301) lr_output_message("Moved Permanently");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 302) lr_log_message("Moved Temporarily");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 304) lr_output_message("Not Modified");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 400) lr_output_message("Bad Request");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 401) lr_output_message("Unauthorized");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 403) lr_output_message("Forbidden");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 404) lr_output_message("Not Found");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 500) lr_output_message("Internal Server Error");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 501) lr_output_message("Not Implemented");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 502) lr_output_message("Bad Gateway");
          else
          if (HttpRetCode == 503) lr_output_message("Service Unavailable");

          Anant Hariharan <anant_hariharan@...> on 03/01/2001 10:07:28 AM

          Please respond to LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com

          To: LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com
          cc: (bcc: Jeremie W Dowdrick/CCMG/CVG)

          Subject: Re: [LoadRunner] How do you trap HTTP ERROR

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
            Jeremie, The way I do it is I just trap the return
            code and use a lr_user_data_point for the return code,
            after the execution view the user_data_point graphs
            for all the return codes. Matching link not found
            usually means
            you are not in the right page or you need to
            parametrize something.
            -Anant
            LR-Web CPS