Need help with Online Monitors...

  • Danny Lenhof
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
      I am trying to set up the monitors to watch the CPU and Memory usage
      for now. We are in the preliminary stages of our new site. I can
      get through the firewall but can't see any data. According to the
      OPs guy we should be able to see everything with the monitors. Is
      there any options I am missing in getting this to work? I have
      looked in the online books but treaty doesn't go into the depth I
      need.

      Thanks,
      Danny
    • ilia bromberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2000
        Danny,

        What OS you run Controller on (don't use Win9x!)? What OS box are you
        monitoring?

        In case of NT<->NT try to start standard PerformanceMonitor first.
        Check that using perfmon you can monitor the server. LoadRunner monitors
        NT box in the way similar to the standard perfmon.

        In case of the UNIX box being monitored, - didn't you forget to start
        the rstat there?

        Regards,
        --Ilia

        >From: "Danny Lenhof" <danny.lenhof@...>
        >To: LoadRunner@egroups.com
        >Subject: [LoadRunner] Need help with Online Monitors...
        >Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 22:43:49 -0000
        >
        >I am trying to set up the monitors to watch the CPU and Memory usage
        >for now. We are in the preliminary stages of our new site. I can
        >get through the firewall but can't see any data. According to the
        >OPs guy we should be able to see everything with the monitors. Is
        >there any options I am missing in getting this to work? I have
        >looked in the online books but treaty doesn't go into the depth I
        >need.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >Danny

      • Danny
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2000
          Thanks for the input. The monitors were not working for a couple of
          reasons. First we had a bottleneck through one of or routers which
          was causing me to time out. The second was that the Unix admin did
          not start the RSTAT-D correctly. Anf finally, I had to finally get
          the ports opened up so I could get throught the firewall and recieve
          the data. Other than that all is well and everything is looking
          great. Again, thanks for the help.

          Danny

          --- In LoadRunner@egroups.com, "ilia bromberg" <iliabromberg@h...>

          http://explorer.msn.com