how to determine the recording mode?

  • ravi_curious <ravi_curious@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
      Joseph,
      I am sorry if I was not clear in my question. The trainer taught
      us the differences between the various recording modes and also the
      different weighing options. I could also gatheer some idea from the
      documentation about these topics. But I wanted to know how the people
      are using it in real time applications. What I feel is that the
      trainers will not be able to give a complete details about real time
      implementaion about this kind of topics. So I wanted to take lessons
      from experienced people like you.

      Please give me some idea whether its useful to use the URL mode at all
      for the browser applications and the random weighing mode.

      Thank You in advance.
      Ravi.

      --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, JosephH614@a... wrote:
      > Ravi:
      >
      > Per your first question regarding URL-Based versus HTML-Based
      recording...Your instructor did not explain the difference to you?
      This is very odd, because this is very fundemental to understanding
      how LR records and LR's architecture. It impacts everything from the
      lr statements appear in your script, to much resources LR consumes, to
      which functions you should/can use in your script. If I were you I
      would ask your the training company for your money back. Was this a
      Mercury trainer??

      > I cannot tell you exacty the difference between URL-Based versus
      HTML-Based recording because it is current CPS question, but this
      discussion should all be in your LR workbook from when you took the
      class. I am curious how one could even complete the LR class without
      understanding the difference between the two modes, because several
      chapters have labs questions that are based on this information.

      > Regarding your specific question, you can use either HTML-Based or
      URL-based to test a browser-based web app. Both have their advantages
      and disadvantages..but I cannot tell you what they are because that is
      another CPS question.

      > Try doing some test recordings and compare the scripts to see if you
      can difference. Or try looking at your workbook again becuase the
      information is definitely there. Better yet, call you instructor and
      have him explain to you why you took the class and still do not
      understand the difference between URL-based versus HTML based
      recording.