Re: [LoadRunner] Can I use other protocol to test siebel system

  • Peter Xu
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 15, 2013
      only have 11.52 web 2.0 license. does this can work with siebel system?

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 22, 2013
        You cannot be spoon fed at 30.

        -sri

        On Aug 22, 2013, at 9:33 AM, James Pulley <loadrunner-lists@...> wrote:

        > Step one: read the book
        > Step two: research on the web
        > Step three: ask follow up questions that are still confusing after steps one & two
        >
        > Peter Xu <xucz153@...> wrote:
        >
        > >I mean the correlation part, want some details about how to correlate siebel 8.1, it is tough to me.
        > >
        > >Thanks
        > >Peter
        > >

        > >________________________________

      • Michael Foley
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 22, 2013
          without a specific question correlation comes down to find the left and right boundaries.

          -m

          ________________________________

          For mechanical (tool) based item, See VUGEN guide, index and Table of Contents related to Siebel

          For process and reporting, see standard documentation for reporting against requirements which would be similar to any performance testing project

          To establish value will require a measure of affirmative value, not just a negative statement. Take one business process. Measure how long it takes to achieve the same level of functionality for your existing solution set and one for the proposed solution set. Once you understand the differences in labor for a script which accommodates all best practices then you can make a value judgement as to the benefit or detriment of the existing and proposed solutions.

          "...not good..." will result in a permanent mark you will not want.

          Now is the time to communicate the VALUE of this solution to your management so they can make an appropriate decision on whether the VALUE of the retained work product and increased efficiency of a dedicated protocol type is worth the PRICE. If you are not able to establish value with your management on this issue then you would be wise to ask about the level of value that is assigned to your output, for the output is only as good as the inputs...and if the inputs have the perception of no to low value....well, you can see where the writing on the wall heads.

          'Pulley

          Thick client you could use ODBC, but I would not recommend it. The scripts will be massive and require more correlation's than you would be willing to do.

          The answer to your question is "yes", but I want to ask why?

          On Aug 15, 2013, at 11:15 PM, James Pulley wrote:

          > GUI
          > Citrix
          > RDP
          > Winsock

        • James Pulley
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 22, 2013
            Think architecturally regarding your Siebel client type.....

            only have 11.52 web 2.0 license. does this can work with siebel system?

            ________________________________
            Did you try to using other protocol to test siebel system, does this can work, If anyone know this, please do me a favour to tell me. thanks

            thanks
            Peter

          • Matthew Stephenson
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 23, 2013
              Please, respectfully, stop begging us to solve this issue for you. The community, made up of people far better at this than me have given you repeatedly the exact way to go, abet with some advice on management consultation. Since you are not going to have the protocol available to begin the correlation process, the only thing you can do is:

              1. Read the siebel development documentation and the server/component documentation (NOT the HP Loadrunner Documentation). This will tell you exactly what is going on with the client/server implementation and why. (This is how the first correlation rules were developed)
              2. Record the same business logic, exactly the same twice. Data will have to be different.
              3. Compare the differences - what is different will need to be addressed. Using step 1 as the guide on how and why.

              This in all reality should take you a week to figure out the basics. Serious. The time this tread has been alive you should have been heads down and solved this. If what I have outlined above is too much for you to handle, then I am sorry to say you are most likely not in the right role.

              Now getting to the point that you have a script that actually works is great. The next step in your development is leaning how best to test each Siebel view in a way that is realistic. This is true in every performance test, but Siebel makes it exceptionally east to mess things up quickly - and a hint: PDQs are all over the place, they are not optimized in the vanilla code and are very sensitive to data cardinality.

              The basic/general rules for Siebel only really apply to vanilla code or custom code where the developers follow the standards. Once custom code is implemented you will need some skill to get through the correlation process. It is not that hard - but it is also not intuitive.

              Good Luck!

              On Aug 15, 2013, at 11:17 PM, Peter Xu wrote:

              > only have 11.52 web 2.0 license. does this can work with siebel system?
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Matthew Stephenson
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 23, 2013
                Row IDs
                Form IDs - if you want any chance your scripts will survive across SRFs
                SWEC counts
                Session IDs
                Dynamic data that has to carry across steps and views.
                Character counts if that is enabled on the server

                That's the bulk, I am sure I forgot something.

                Good Luck!