Re: Winsock and Windows 7 ......

  • James Pulley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2013
      As this is a .net thick client application perhaps you should consider the .net virtual user development model.

      Or.... Given the challenges with .Net if you don't have access to a developer who is intimately familiar with the application source.... consider the options for RDP or Citrix instead.

      If you are not able to record it could be one of several items, including rights on the system, conflicts with third party software such as antivirus agents, or even the version of Windows you are installed on (Windows Home vs premium vs utilmate vs 32 bit vs 64 bit vs 128 bit vs....)

      'Pulley

      --- In LoadRunner@yahoogroups.com, sachin <chatwithsachin@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      >        I am using Winsock protocol to create some of our business scenarios and load test them for every release. Yeah, Winsock correlation is time consuming as everybody knows, but it does the job for us.  We had now moved on to LR 11.5 and W7 and i am finding issues to launch my application during recording.
      >
      > Problem :
      >
      > 1. Lauch Winsock Protocol and Start Recording with the application path.
      >
      > 2. No Program Arguments given.
      >
      > 3. The application has not opened but it opens up a process for my application in task manager.
      >
      > 4. LR doesn't record the application start up and it freezes at zero events.
      >

      > Has anybody faced this before? Any Help will be appreciated
      >

      > Application Details : Dot Net 3.5 Framework - Win 32 application.
      >

      > Sachin.

    • DeltaSigma Phil
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
        Also make sure DEP is correctly configured

        No comment on sockets yuk! More than likely there is a conflict probably AV
        preventing IE to invoke.  I would open a ticket with HP.  More than likely
        they will provide a new hook.DLL after confirming there is some process
        running on your machine that may be causing the conflict.